Thursday, August 03, 2006

Currently in a Jets Coma...

Much like I was in a Jem coma when the Season 1 DVD's came out.

Jem/Jets comas involve listening or watching some sort of nostalgic 80's entertainment non-stop and against your will. You're literally transfixed and unable to stop the assault of bad clothing and cheesy lyrics from entering your brain. And furthermore, you really don't want the assault to stop anyways.


Did that make sense? It's hard to describe what it's like to be in a coma.


Anyways, this is for Dez and Derek. Personally, I think "Curiosity" is the better song (and video), but you know, I still love anything that came from The Jets.


Sigh. I wonder when I'm going to get out of this "phase." I'm starting to scare myself. I'm singing "Rocket 2 U" as I type this.


So sad.


6 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

80's songs are the best - mostly because I know all the lyrics! I can't say that about any new music! So what if you put your hair in a sideways ponytail while you clean the house. Nobody has to know. I am going to look for my banana clip as soon as I get home....

5:03 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Bananas clips were friggin' awesome! lol
I sooo feel like downloading that whole CD now...
Look what you're doing to me REESE!!!!AND now I wanna go shop for the Jem Season 1 DVD. I have the theme song on my ipod and LOVE to rock out to that. I'm a nerd.

11:38 AM  
Blogger KOM said...

Have you seen this?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Besides the cocaine and birth of crack, the 80's were great. Despite some of the horrible fashions you could just be different and that was what was cool. I could imagine if some of the acts from the 80's were trying to get on now they would probably be told there was no market for them.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jessica R. said...

ok so i didn't watch the "rocket to you" video until now - it sounds like the lead singer has a lissssp...does he?

I guess i never got into the jets - i remember they had one song i liked - probably the rocket one.

Are they all related? What nationality are they?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Kom: Cool site, but I don't get the name. The Best Legal Advice for an 80's video site? Weird.

Jess: Yes, The Jets were all related. They are siblings and their parents were from the Pacific Island of Tonga.

As far as Haini having a lisp- I never really noticed. I did notice that at least one of the female vocalists, Elizabeth and/or Moana, had a lisp. You can hear it in their songs. Maybe Haini did too. Something that runs in the family perhaps?

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home