Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tag- You're It

I've been Memed! Or Memmed? Whatever. Fruitfly (aka Mel) tagged me. Here's my answers to the following questions:

1. Total Number of Books I've Owned:

Aww, geez! I don't know. Lot's. I mean, I've had fiction, non-fiction, traditional novel type books, comic books, coloring books, text books, etc. Ummm....let's say 337. Sounds like a good number.


2. Last Book I Bought:

Oh, I think it was about 5 or 6 books all at once. Several from Jennifer Cruise (Bet Me, Crazy for You, Getting Rid of Bradley, Faking It), Shopaholic takes Manhattann by Sophia Kinsella. And some others, which I haven't even gotten to yet.


What? So, I'm in a chick lit phase right now. Deal with it.


3. Last Book I Read:


Crazy for You by Jennifer Cruise


4. Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:

Okay, this is the thing I did with books when I was younger. I would read certain ones that I loved, but then have no allegiance to the author. So, forgive me for forgetting who wrote the following (in no particular order, except for the 1st one):

A) The Bible: Don't sleep on the Bible. Absolutely fabulous. Especially Revelations (oh, and, as a disclaimer, I'm not getting into any religious discussions, so you can just keep that to yourself).

B) Just Friends: I think that was the name of this book. I can't believe I don't remember as I read this book 5,000 times. It's told in the 1st person about these 3 friends. One of which is the prettiest, smartest, richest, most popular girl in school. A series of dramatic events involving the 3 friends and some of their other classmates tests their friendships and loyalty to each other. I LOVED this book so much as a kid. It was really great.

C) The Autobiography of Malcom X: I mean, what can you say? Malcom X was a hero of mine. Still is. (And, I'm referring to the reformed Malcom, not the all white people should die Malcom). I still wonder how/if the world would be different if Malcom X had lived.

D) Sweet Valley High: Can't remember which one, but there was one about this deaf girl who died or something. First book I read that made me cry.

E) A Death in the Family: This was a graphic novel where DC Comics actually killed off Robin. It was GREAT! Robin died, Superman flied (okay, flew), and Batman cried. Great drama.

F) A Midsummer's Night Dream: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! I laugh out loud everytime I read it.

G) Romeo and Juliet: 'Tis the first Shakespeare play that thou doth actually understandeth. And, crieth, I dideth.


So, that's more than 5 books. Again, deal with it. ;)


5. Tag five people and have them do this on their blog:

Like Fruitfly, I'm not tagging 5 people. But, I am tagging "Lisa," Caro, and the Mon (aka Colm: You know who you are ;)

Get to Memming!! ;)


----------------------------

PS: I'm going on holiday to the desert tomorrow. I won't be back until Tuesday. Feel free to re-read junk I wrote before. Check by Lez's site and see a vlog of our Star Wars adventure (you can't see me, but you can hear me talking on the phone and laughing (you'll know it's me laughing because it is a very strange laugh)). And, please continue to leave comments about PWG. I need to decide if I will continue writing it.


PEACE OUT, FOOLS!!!




6 Comments:

Blogger Lez said...

Here's the link to the Star Wars post featuring Reese who wouldn't let me film her (she's like Sydney Bristow and I don't want to blow her cover). You'll need Quicktime to view it, and preferrably a modern internet connection.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jomama said...

Hey Reese, I bought Dirty Girls Social Club yesterday! I have no idea when I'll have time to read it, but it's there. I'll tell you what I think when I'm done.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Who was the girl interviewed? I was thinking it was your sis? CC...was it???

12:53 PM  
Blogger KOM said...

I've read the Bible twice. I may not agree with it, but I always admire someone who has actually read it, instead of simply quoting random verses.

My experience has shown me that far fewer people have read the book than talk about it.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Reese! I know what you look like, I know that chic in alisas blog HAS to be you! I know it!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Squishi said...

you admit to reading SVH?

I mean, we all did covertly, but you admit it in public?

You brave brave BRAVE chickstar!

hehheh

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home