Monday, May 09, 2005

We Hold These Truths to be Self-Evident

I've noticed that some people think they can just come on this blog and say anything. This blog is not a democracy. To spare a future lecture from me, I thought you should know that the following are facts that are to never be debated here at Something Different...

  1. Orlando Bloom is hot.
  2. Orlando Bloom was never in Troy.
  3. Orlando Bloom is not gay.
  4. Orlando Bloom will find me and wisk me away to Las Vegas.
  5. The Matrix is the all-time, super, greatest movie ever made.
  6. Keanu Reeves was hot in The Matrix.
  7. Star Trek: The Next Generation was a great show.
  8. There's nothing wrong with naming your future twin daughters Deanna and Belanna.
  9. My sister CC is a crazy nuthead.
  10. I am great.
  11. Also, I am really wonderful.
  12. Alanis Morrissette will always rock.
  13. Lenny Kravitz will too.
  14. J.LO, Ashanti, and Brittany Spears are our punishment from God for sinning after he went through all of the trouble to sacrifice his very own son for our sins.
  15. Tamyra Grey was robbed on the first season of American Idol.
  16. Jennifer Hudson was robbed on the third season of American Idol.
  17. Nadia Turner was robbed on the fourth season of American Idol.
  18. American Idol sucks.
  19. Spider-Man 2 is one of the all-time, worst, super-hero movies ever made.
  20. X-Men 2 is one of the all-time, best, super-hero movies ever made.
  21. Iman should have played Storm in X-Men and not Halle Berry.
  22. Halle Berry sucks because she's so damn pretty and rich.
  23. Lisa is crazy.
  24. Mike is crazy for following Lisa around.
  25. There's nothing wrong with wanting to only date rich men for the purposes of marrying them so you don't ever have to work again.
  26. The above statement is the most anti-feminist thing I've ever thought in my entire life.
  27. [A Desiree Addition]: Metrosexuals are gay.
  28. Working for the "public" sucks.
  29. Working for the man- not so bad.
  30. Uhhh...hmmm....Orlando is hot!
  31. But, Legolas is hotter.

There. 31 Self-Evident Truths. Do you have some more? I'm willing to add on IF they are really self-evident truths (i.e., I agree with you).



© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

22 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

31. Metrosexuals are gay.

And hell ya Legolas was sooooo HOT!!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Okay, I'll add it. :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger tannia g. robles said...

i always thought Angela Basset would have made an awesome storm. she seems strong, has the voice, and when she's on screen she demands attention. Halley is beautiful but she didn't do it for me.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Yea, but Iman is actually African like Storm. Also, Iman just looks like her. I mean, when I think of a real life Storm, I only ever see Iman. Angela could be my runner-up though. :)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Patrick Jason said...

Okay, so now I understand. Thank you for the update.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kaci said...

Jagged Little Pill is one of my favorite cds even though its like ten years old. Orlando Bloom is ultra hot and definantly not gay. And You are Great. LOL

4:44 PM  
Blogger Janette said...

Who thought Orlando was gay? What's wrong with them?

8:03 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Kaci: Thanx! My Self-Esteem Booster just went up another 10 points. :)

Janette: Some crazy person at my job said Orlando was gay. They're nuts I tell you!

8:07 PM  
Blogger FruitFly said...

I have nothing to add really... just wanted to agree that Orlando is hot. Very. Deliciously. Hot.

Yeah.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Jomama said...

I can't think of any additions, but I just went to look at your "CC is a Nuthead" post and noticed that you gave me that South Park link. That site is so cool. I am going to post my picture and a link to that site on my blog. Sweeeeet!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Orlando is not gay, but he is kinda Metrosexual.
I don't know what that means though.

FINALLY! Ever since 1988 I have been pitching MY cast for an X-men movie. Iman was ALWAYS my first choice for Storm. Why? 'Cause she's HOT and African i.e STORM!!
Years ago I thought Mark Harmon would've been perfect for Cyclops but by the time they actually made the movie he was TOO old.
Reese you rock!!
If for no other reason than you agree with me, and damn it, THAT'S A GOOD REASON!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Venessa said...

I love the list...have to agree.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

J: Back in HS, Eliza and I picked the entire cast for the X-men. In our dreams, Tom Cruise was Cyclops and Brad Pitt was Gambit.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I also picked Tom when Mark Harmon got too old, I don't know about Brad Pitt though. I don't remember WHO I picked for Gambit.
Hmmmmmm, I might have to post about this.

10:02 AM  
Blogger quincee said...

ALL Metrosexuals are NOT gay! . . . and that's all I have to day about that.

Very entertaining list. ~Q

10:05 AM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

HEY!!!
Why am I always crazy. I am not crazy!!!!! Gosh Darn it!!!! I am unique, strange, eccentric, and original but not crazy. Stop Calling me that or I'll started sending you links to Orlando is gay websites.
The List was too funny. I agree with all but the metrosexual one.
Oh and of course the Lisa and Mike crazy ones

10:22 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

J: I was going to post about casting X-Men, dang it! But, my post would probably show up weeks later, so I give you permission to post about it first. ;)

Also, Brad Pitt SCREAMS Gambit. I can't think of anyone else who could play him. Lisa's favorite Gambit line- "Everyone can relax. Gambit has arrived." ;)

Lisa: "Lisa is crazy," will be a running joke throughout this blog's lifetime. You better get used to it. ;p

11:04 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

LOL...love the list Reese but you forgot to mention the Rock.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

That's "Lisa's" favorite Gambit line?
Really?
When I worked as a bartender every Friday night I'd say" Great news everybody.........I'm here!
Only one girl thought it was funny though.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Karla: What do I add? The Rock is hot or The Rock is not gay. I can add both if you want. ;)

J: Obviously, people have no sense of humor. That's a great line.

11:30 AM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

J: Who are these people you are meeting. That's a great line. I will always love that line. It shows a level of arrogance that can only be funny.

Reese: I can't believe one that you remember my favorite Gambit line and 2 that you plan to make my insanity a running gag on your blog. Now I can never reveal my real identity on this blog cause if these people ever bump into me thay may think I'm nuts!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Lisa: Oh, please. You know you were never going to reveal your true identity on this board. Plus, I only say "Lisa is crazy" when I have nothing else to say. It's an easy laugh. ;p~~

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home