Thursday, April 21, 2005

Observations About the Lenny Kravitz- Electric Church Tour

Oh, my god! You guys, I had the greatest time last night. I saw Lenny Kravitz' show and it was soooo awesome.

Okay, his opening act was Nikka Costa. Unfortunately, because my friend and I were running late, we missed most of her set. I was really disappointed because I really wanted to see her. But, I did get to hear her do her hit "Everybody's Got that Something" (I think that's what it is called). She's really wild! I love her and hope to see her again sometime.

Alright, on to Lenny.


So, my friend "Lea" and I had decent seats. We were in the second tier, we could see Lenny pretty well and we were having fun. About 5-10 minutes into the show, Lenny just stops singing and he was like, "You know what? It's all love here. I want EVERYONE to come down to the front!!" We were all shocked. Immediately, a mad dash of people in the orchestra section, and those in the tiered seats, ran down to the front and filled the floor seats. Lea and I stayed in our seats because there were so many people down there, that there was no reason to go down and not see any of the show. But then, an odd thing happened.

Almost halfway into the show, I noticed that people were leaving to go back to their seats. I guess they got tired of standing so close to random people. That's when I knew Lea and I had a chance not to just get to the floor, but to get to the STAGE! I was like, "Lea, let's go. Now!" So we left our seats and ran down to the floor. And, can you believe it, we actually got to the STAGE!! And, when I say stage, I don't mean behind 50 people who are in front of the stage. I mean, I was RESTING on the stage. My elbows were on the STAGE. I was a part of the STAGE!!

So, we stayed there the whole night. After a while, it did get really crowded, but Lea and I held our positions. Everyone at the concert was sooo cool too. At one point, I had accidentally bumped into this guy. I apologized and he was like, "Dude, we're at a Lenny Kravitz concert. It's all LOOOOVVVEE!!"

And, it was all love, ya'll. Now here comes the good part...



I touched Lenny.




I TOUCHED LENNY!!!



Not once...



Not twice, oh, no...



I TOUCHED LENNY 3 TIMES!!!!


Okay, I was on the right side of the stage, and there were mostly girls where I was. So, of course, Lenny KEPT coming over to our side. He would do his guitar solos near us. He and his other guitar player. So, the first time he was doing his solo, all of us were touching on him. I got to touch his knees. He has very sturdy knees, ya'll. Oh, man....He is soooo HOT!!


Then, one of my moments of pure bliss, that I will never forget...


He came back to our side and shook all of our hands.


And then, he took my hand. And he shook it!


Oh, my god, you guys. And he has such nice, big, SOFT, HOT!, hands!!



SIGH!



It was so awesome!



Also, awesome was Lenny's trumpet player. He was cute. Young, but cute. He was really good and has excellent taste, as I saw him checking me out at various times during the concert. I mean, I did look really good last night...


Well, actually, I'm not sure if he was really checking me out last night. But, I'd like to think that I'm hot enough to get with Lenny Kravitz's trumpet player. So, we'll go with the conclusion that he was checking me out. ;)


Anyways, the show was really awesome! According to people who have been following Lenny around the country for this tour, our city was the best show thus far. Because the audience was so live! Even Lenny challenged his next stop, NYC, to be as awesome as my city.


Lenny [at the concert]: "Oh, man! NYC is gonna get its ass kicked tomorrow!"


Yea, that's right! Whose city is 'bout it now?


I know, I know. I'm such a nut!


Anyways, the tour was awesome. Definitely check it out if you get a chance.


But, don't touch Lenny.


Only, I may touch Lenny...


I LOVE YOU LENNY!!!


;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

dude, i love conerts.

getting to the stage is my mission at just about any concert i go to.

i got close at incubus, but quite there.

i got really close at my first dave mattehws band concert.

already had really good seats at my second dmb concert

and mae my way all the way up to the glorious stage at the very end of the gloria esefan concert that went to with karla.

there are a bunch of other concerts i've been to and been sucessful at, but those are the only big names.....i could be forgetting but, ya know, that's me.

but MAN, touched 3 times! now that's spectacular.

i'm so glad you had a great time, god i love concerts!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I love concerts too! This is the first time I've ever gotten to the stage for a big act. I need to hang out with you Caro- you get to do it all the time! With you and me together, we could probably get ON the stage.

On the stage with Lenny Kravitz.

Sigh...

1:05 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

OMG i am so jealous... i heat lenny kravitz. i love concerts also. Oh you know what would be cool if all the sucias went to a concert together.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Janette said...

Shut up! You touched Lenny. OMG! I love him. I am soooooo jealous right now.
~janette

10:06 PM  
Blogger Juicy77 said...

Aw man Reese, how could you not tell me about the Lenny Kravitz concert! Dangit. Speaking of Lenny, I was looking through a friend's Lenny Kravitz picture book today. Let's just say you see ALL his piercings. He's so beautiful.

Nikka Costa's album is great. It's one of my favorites; you have to catch her next time.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Juicy77: And, his piercings are lovely.

Sigh...

10:58 AM  
Blogger FruitFly said...

Ok, so I'm way late on this... just starting to catch up on your blog. Which is gonna take me some time, cause damn girl, you write as much as I do! :)

So... I was *supposed* to be going to see this tour, but the tickets fell through. I'll have to live vicariously through your excellent description. Sounds like a blast - thanks for posting a review... and it reminded me of a concert I left off my list - which would be Lenny Kravitz w/ Blind Melon.. though I'm not sure of the year at the moment.

Anyway, I'm kinda bummed you didn't see Nikka Costa too... I think I was actually more excited about seeing her than Lenny, mainly cause I've never seen her and man, do I DIG her first album.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home