Tuesday, April 05, 2005

One Shining Moment

Well, it's over. March Madness and the tournament officially ended last night.

I'm so depressed.

Seriously, I always get like this when the tournament ends because I know that I'll have to wait until Thanksgiving for the new basketball season. And yes, while I did curse the court that college basketball is played on, I still really loved the tournament this year, as I do every year.

Shout out to North Carolina. I knew they were going to win. I mean, I don't even know how anyone could pick a team other than North Carolina to win this year. UNC had Sean May. And, the other teams didn't. It was really that simple people.


Okay, now, it is one shining moment for the winner of the Something Different Bracket Challenge. And the winner is....


Team Persaud!!


Whoo-hoo! Way to go Shawna! You totally spanked everyone! Winning by a whopping 19 points!

And, by the way Shawna, you totally owe me as I told you who to pick to win. ;)


Anyways, here are the standings:

  1. Team Persaud (129 Points)
  2. Team Lewis (110 Points/40 Correct Picks)
  3. The Fighting Jerks (110 Points/ 37 Correct Picks)
  4. Team Law Girl (105 Points/ I'm actually quite happy with my placing as this is the best I've EVER done in a bracket challenge)
  5. Team Williams (88 Points)
  6. I Plan to Win!! (87 Points/ Hey, Lisa! At least you were in 1st place for a week!)
  7. Toya De's Playas (87 Points/ Toya, you could have beat Lisa if you picked a better total score for the final game. But, it's cool. There's always next year.)
  8. Team McClellan (84 Points)
  9. Team Wilson (72 Points; Oh, LQ. For shame!)
  10. Team Aguilar (57 Points)
  11. Valley of the Sun (55 Points)
  12. Pony Ranch (50 Points)
  13. Team from Cairo (0 Points/Dude, what happened? You didn't pick any teams. Make sure you pick teams next year! ;)



Alright! There you have it. Now, I know I said that the winner of the Something Different Bracket Challenge gets a spoiler for Welcome to a Dysfunctional Relationship. Well, considering that Team Persaud is my friend and she's going to find out the deal with this relationship anyways, and Team Lewis is Lisa's cousin so he already knows what the deal is, then it's only fair that Jerk of All Trades gets the spoiler. So, J, if you really want to know, e-mail me and I'll give you a big secret.



So, that's it.



Sadly, basketball is over.



For the next few weeks, I'll be sulking due to my state of sports related boredom. Just thought you should know.

3 Comments:

Blogger "Lisa" said...

I was so close for so long. Life isn't fair. I should have listened to the clerks at the office. I let them pick everything up to the final 4. Damn me for trying to use my basketball knowledge!!!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

You mean you let people who know nothing about b-ball fill out your bracket, but then you stopped them from filling it out once they got to the final four? Man, you sure are a silly girl. If you had let them fill out the whole thing, you probably would have won. Oh, well. I guess you don't get the spoiler. ;)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Toya said...

Dude I was totally robbed. I should have beat Lisa. I curse Lisa for giving me her cursed luck from her cursed relationship. Curses to you Lisa. Curses to you NCAA Championship. Curses to you Reese for calling me out.

Damned be to all...

But no seriously, hey you win some and you lose some. I will be back next year...and I will WIN!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home