Saturday, May 21, 2005

Reese Lesson #4: Crushes Can Come From Anywhere

Sigh.


I have a new crush.


It’s the comic book guy at my local comic book store.


Okay, I know “comic book guy” and “crush” do not go together, but this guy is really hot!!


Okay, so he’s like Indian or, possibly Middle-Eastern (what’s with me and that whole region of the earth recently?). He’s about 5’ 10” and he’s got this weird Dweezil Zappa/Luke Perry/James Dean/Rebel without a Cause thing going on. It’s so HOT…


Cute Comic Book Guy (CCBG): “So, what are you looking for?”


Reese’s Mind: “Uhh, you?”

What Reese Really Said: “That new Dark Phoenix limited series…”


CCBG: “Phoenix: Endsong?”


Reese’s Mind: “Yes…”

What Reese Really Said: “Yes…”


CCBG: “I think we have it over here…”


Flash forward 5 minutes…


CCBG: “Okay, here’s all 5 issues. You know, you’re really lucky. This is the last one we have of issue #1.”



Reese’s Mind: “Yes, I am so lucky. I’m especially lucky that you were here to help me find it.”

What Reese Really Said: “Uh-huh…”


Random Comic Book Store Employee: “Hey, dude, I can ring her up.”

CCBG: “No, it’s okay, dude. I got this one.”


Reese’s Mind: “Okay, don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m sure he just wanted to complete the sale…”


And just as CCBG and I kind of just hang around the counter chatting about mindless junk, yet, establishing a real connection, along comes my sister. Her purpose: to ruin my moment…


CC [yelling on my cell phone to Lisa]: “NO, I HAVEN’T READ THAT ONE LISA! NO, THEY DON’T HAVE THAT ISSUE! HOW COME YOU ALL DON’T HAVE THE ELFQUEST THAT I WANT?!?”

CCBG: “Uhh…”

Reese [extremely bitter for CC ruining her moment]: “Stop. Yelling. On. My. Phone.”

CCBG: [snickers to himself]

CC [talking to Lisa]: “YEA, SO YOU’LL SEND IT TO ME? YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THAT. COOL, THANX!”
“Here’s your phone back, Reese.”

Reese: “Aww, gee. Thanx...for nuthin’!”

CCBG [still laughing]: “Hey, next Saturday is free comic book day. Make sure you stop by, alright?”


Reese’s Mind: “Yes, and then, maybe we can do something together afterwards?”

What Reese Really Said: “Ooo-kay.”

CCBG: “C-ya.”

Reese: “Uhh…bye.”



Yes, I know. That was truly pathetic.

On the plus side, I know that he thinks I’m funny. Or, actually, he thinks my sister is funny. Or maybe it’s me and my sister together that’s funny…

Oh, well, I don’t care. He’s still really HOT! And there’s nothing like having someone available to crush on. ;)

Happy Free Comic Book Day, Everyone!



© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Marry him and have beautiful nerd children.

11:17 AM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

Yes I agree with Jerk. Marry him. My god think of all the free comics I could get if you married a comic store employee. This is the best guy you've met so far. Go get him girl. Dance naked in his shop. Do whatever it takes to make him yours

12:09 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Are you trying to pimp me, "Lisa?" That ain't right!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mon said...

LOL. Reese, your comment to "Lisa" reminds me of something.

When I went to Hawaii with my sister, she kept encouraging me to go to a bunch of time share presentations, as many offered free meals/shopping vouchers. A few days, many very nice meals, and expensive gifts later, I turned to her and said, "you would prostitute me if you could, huh?"

10:22 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

hahaahha.

that's right "lisa"....you know what's up!

1:24 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

LOL..."Lisa the pimp" but i agree you should marry him and have beautiful sucia/o babies.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Pimps? Prostitutes? Babies? You people have lost your minds! I said he was cute, I didn't say I necessarily wanted to have a future with him. You guys keep talking like that, and my crush will soon enough fade away. ;)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Wooo! Reese has a nerd boyfriend! Reese has a nerd boyfriend!

Goooo Reese!

That was my cheer for the day. Now I must get back to work, as there is NO assistant here today.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Okay, just 'cause he's a comic book guy does not mean he's a nerd. He's hot, I'm telling you! ;)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home