Reese Lesson #4: Crushes Can Come From Anywhere
Sigh.
I have a new crush.
It’s the comic book guy at my local comic book store.
Okay, I know “comic book guy” and “crush” do not go together, but this guy is really hot!!
Okay, so he’s like Indian or, possibly Middle-Eastern (what’s with me and that whole region of the earth recently?). He’s about 5’ 10” and he’s got this weird Dweezil Zappa/Luke Perry/James Dean/Rebel without a Cause thing going on. It’s so HOT…
Cute Comic Book Guy (CCBG): “So, what are you looking for?”
What Reese Really Said: “That new Dark Phoenix limited series…”
CCBG: “Phoenix: Endsong?”
What Reese Really Said: “Yes…”
CCBG: “I think we have it over here…”
Flash forward 5 minutes…
CCBG: “Okay, here’s all 5 issues. You know, you’re really lucky. This is the last one we have of issue #1.”
What Reese Really Said: “Uh-huh…”
Random Comic Book Store Employee: “Hey, dude, I can ring her up.”
CCBG: “No, it’s okay, dude. I got this one.”
And just as CCBG and I kind of just hang around the counter chatting about mindless junk, yet, establishing a real connection, along comes my sister. Her purpose: to ruin my moment…
CC [yelling on my cell phone to Lisa]: “NO, I HAVEN’T READ THAT ONE LISA! NO, THEY DON’T HAVE THAT ISSUE! HOW COME YOU ALL DON’T HAVE THE ELFQUEST THAT I WANT?!?”
CCBG: “Uhh…”
Reese [extremely bitter for CC ruining her moment]: “Stop. Yelling. On. My. Phone.”
CCBG: [snickers to himself]
CC [talking to Lisa]: “YEA, SO YOU’LL SEND IT TO ME? YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THAT. COOL, THANX!”
“Here’s your phone back, Reese.”
Reese: “Aww, gee. Thanx...for nuthin’!”
CCBG [still laughing]: “Hey, next Saturday is free comic book day. Make sure you stop by, alright?”
What Reese Really Said: “Ooo-kay.”
CCBG: “C-ya.”
Reese: “Uhh…bye.”
Yes, I know. That was truly pathetic.
On the plus side, I know that he thinks I’m funny. Or, actually, he thinks my sister is funny. Or maybe it’s me and my sister together that’s funny…
Oh, well, I don’t care. He’s still really HOT! And there’s nothing like having someone available to crush on. ;)
Happy Free Comic Book Day, Everyone!
© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.
I have a new crush.
It’s the comic book guy at my local comic book store.
Okay, I know “comic book guy” and “crush” do not go together, but this guy is really hot!!
Okay, so he’s like Indian or, possibly Middle-Eastern (what’s with me and that whole region of the earth recently?). He’s about 5’ 10” and he’s got this weird Dweezil Zappa/Luke Perry/James Dean/Rebel without a Cause thing going on. It’s so HOT…
Cute Comic Book Guy (CCBG): “So, what are you looking for?”
Reese’s Mind: “Uhh, you?”
What Reese Really Said: “That new Dark Phoenix limited series…”
CCBG: “Phoenix: Endsong?”
Reese’s Mind: “Yes…”
What Reese Really Said: “Yes…”
CCBG: “I think we have it over here…”
Flash forward 5 minutes…
CCBG: “Okay, here’s all 5 issues. You know, you’re really lucky. This is the last one we have of issue #1.”
Reese’s Mind: “Yes, I am so lucky. I’m especially lucky that you were here to help me find it.”
What Reese Really Said: “Uh-huh…”
Random Comic Book Store Employee: “Hey, dude, I can ring her up.”
CCBG: “No, it’s okay, dude. I got this one.”
Reese’s Mind: “Okay, don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m sure he just wanted to complete the sale…”
And just as CCBG and I kind of just hang around the counter chatting about mindless junk, yet, establishing a real connection, along comes my sister. Her purpose: to ruin my moment…
CC [yelling on my cell phone to Lisa]: “NO, I HAVEN’T READ THAT ONE LISA! NO, THEY DON’T HAVE THAT ISSUE! HOW COME YOU ALL DON’T HAVE THE ELFQUEST THAT I WANT?!?”
CCBG: “Uhh…”
Reese [extremely bitter for CC ruining her moment]: “Stop. Yelling. On. My. Phone.”
CCBG: [snickers to himself]
CC [talking to Lisa]: “YEA, SO YOU’LL SEND IT TO ME? YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THAT. COOL, THANX!”
“Here’s your phone back, Reese.”
Reese: “Aww, gee. Thanx...for nuthin’!”
CCBG [still laughing]: “Hey, next Saturday is free comic book day. Make sure you stop by, alright?”
Reese’s Mind: “Yes, and then, maybe we can do something together afterwards?”
What Reese Really Said: “Ooo-kay.”
CCBG: “C-ya.”
Reese: “Uhh…bye.”
Yes, I know. That was truly pathetic.
On the plus side, I know that he thinks I’m funny. Or, actually, he thinks my sister is funny. Or maybe it’s me and my sister together that’s funny…
Oh, well, I don’t care. He’s still really HOT! And there’s nothing like having someone available to crush on. ;)
Happy Free Comic Book Day, Everyone!
© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

8 Comments:
Marry him and have beautiful nerd children.
Yes I agree with Jerk. Marry him. My god think of all the free comics I could get if you married a comic store employee. This is the best guy you've met so far. Go get him girl. Dance naked in his shop. Do whatever it takes to make him yours
Are you trying to pimp me, "Lisa?" That ain't right!
hahaahha.
that's right "lisa"....you know what's up!
LOL..."Lisa the pimp" but i agree you should marry him and have beautiful sucia/o babies.
Pimps? Prostitutes? Babies? You people have lost your minds! I said he was cute, I didn't say I necessarily wanted to have a future with him. You guys keep talking like that, and my crush will soon enough fade away. ;)
Wooo! Reese has a nerd boyfriend! Reese has a nerd boyfriend!
Goooo Reese!
That was my cheer for the day. Now I must get back to work, as there is NO assistant here today.
Okay, just 'cause he's a comic book guy does not mean he's a nerd. He's hot, I'm telling you! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home