Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Bad, the Bad, and the Bad

First, the Bad News

Dr. CMED wasn’t able to get the metal file out of my tooth. So, it’s in there permanently. Unless it gets infected or something, I should be okay. But, if it should get infected? Well, let’s just say there’s going to be a lot of cutting involved.


Next, the Bad News

Dr. CMED didn’t ask me out. So, you know what that means?


He’s gay.


Finally, the Bad News

I was able to thoroughly and completely embarrass myself in front of Dr. CMED before the appointment was all over.

See, a good friend of mine (who is not “Lisa”), convinced me that I should flirt with Dr. CMED.

Now, if you know anything about Reese the Law Girl, you know one thing: I can’t flirt. Don’t know how. Instead, I do a really interesting thing. It’s called being myself.


Dr. CMED: “So, how are you feeling about this whole situation?”

Reese: “Well, I’ve been thinking about it. And, I’ve decided that I’m not going to sue you.”

Dr. CMED [pausing]: “…What???”

Reese: “Uhhh…that was a joke.”

Dr. CMED [silent]

Reese: “You know…ummm…a lawyer joke. Ummm, it’s…’cause you’re a doctor and I’m a lawyer, so I thought it would be funny…”

Dr. CMED [silent]

Reese: “I was just messin’ with you…it’s a joke!...”

Dr. CMED [silent]

Reese: “A joke…like, hahaha, joke…it was…it was a lame, lame, lame joke. I can see that now.”

Dr. CMED [finally coming back to the discussion]: “Oh! A joke.”

Reese: “Yes!”

Dr. CMED: “I guess it was funny.”

Reese [nervous laughter]: “Yea.”

Dr. CMED: “Uh-huh. You have a depraved sense of humor, you know that?”

Reese: “Well, I try my best.”



Geesh!

That was just…that was just…

Well, that was just really, really, bad is what it was.

Sigh.


I think I need to find a new dentist.



© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

9 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Oh I am sorry to hear that Dr. CMED was unable to get that file out and that he did not catch on to your joke.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I know! Dr. CMED is such a jerk. And, he's gay. I'm almost sure of it.

Unless, of course, he asks me out. Then he's not a jerk and he's not gay, and we never had this discussion and I'll be removing this post. ;)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

What a dork he must be. Clueless!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Desiree: I know! I hate stoopid boys. >p Whatever. I'll find a new cute doctor to like. ;)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

hehe Reese now you sound like me. Boys are stupid we should throw rocks at them.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

dahlin', not every could be gifted with our brilliantly marvelous wit.

--caro

ps. new favorite word: "razzmatazz", also happens to be my new favorite jamba juice.......gosh, those consecutive "z"'s, used twice in one word! very fun to say.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

everyONE gahd...i've gotta sleep or something.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

This guys a "Dr" right? That means smart right? I thought humor and smart went together. Hey if he didn't get that joke, get a new guy. Humor is VERY important in a relationship. There are doctors out there with a sense of humor, I saw M*A*S*H.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Jerk of all Trades (I'm calling you J from here on out ;):

Exactly! See you guys make me feel better. I thought I had just made a bad joke sense he didn't get it. But, hello? It was funny. >p

Don't worry, I'm through with Dr. CMED. Well, at least until I get my crown on...and he pulls out my wisdom teeth. But, then, I'm done!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home