Monday, February 28, 2005

Reese Lesson #1: Never Tell Your Doctor That You're a Lawyer

[Sigh]


Whoa is me! Whoa is me!

Why did I open my big mouth? And, it’s not like I said it to scare him or anything. I mean, he asked me how my work was. I told him the truth and then casually let it slip that I was a lawyer. I should have known I was doomed, DOOMED, from that point on.


[Sigh]


I got a root canal on Saturday.

Oh, my poor tooth! It was cracked and was sensitive to hot and cold. It needed repair. So, I go to my dentist. All is going well. He finishes up and adds this little bit:

Dr. Cute Middle Eastern Dentist (aka Dr. CMED): “So, I’ll put the crown on the next time you come in.”

Reese: “Cool beans! You know, that wasn’t so bad.”

Dr. CMED: “Yea, not so bad. Oh, there is just this one thing. There’s a metal file stuck in your tooth. Okay, c-ya Thursday.”

Reese: “WHAT!”

Dr. CMED: “See, what had happened was…”


Wait, now you know something bad is about to be said anytime somebody starts a sentence with “what had happened was…”


[Sigh]


Dr. CMED: “See, what had happened was, the little metal file I use to measure your canals?”

Reese: “Uh-huh…”

Dr. CMED: “Well, it got stuck…in your canal.”

Reese [in stunned silence]: “Uh-huh…”

Dr. CMED: “It happens sometimes. When you come back, I’ll try to get it out. If I can’t get it out, then we’ll just leave it in.”

Reese: “Soooo… is it going to hurt or get infected or something?”

Dr. CMED: “I don’t think so.”

Reese: “Well, then, whatever. As long as there’s no pain and infection, then we’re good.”

Dr. CMED: “Whew! I’m glad you’re taking this well. Besides, it’s your entire fault anyways.”

Reese: “What! How’s this my fault?”

Dr. CMED: “You jinxed me!”

Reese: “I did not!”

Dr. CMED: “Yes, you did.”

Reese: “No, I didn’t!”

Dr. CMED: “Yes, you did! You were all, “I’m scared, please do a really good job. Oh, and I’m a lawyer and I’ll sue you.”

Reese: “I never said that!”

Dr. CMED: “Well, that’s what it sounded like…in my head.”

Reese: “You suck, Dr. CMED.”

Dr. CMED: “Yea, whatever jinxey.”

Reese: “Yea, whatever.”

Dr. CMED: “See, you Thursday?”

Reese: “2:00 okay?”


So, I go back Thursday to “possibly” get the metal file out and to get a crown. Anyways, I’m not so worried about it anymore. I talked to someone in my network of “fellow high school graduates who made something of themselves.” She’s a dentist, and said that sometimes these things do happen. That he’ll try to get it out and if he doesn’t it probably is best to leave it in. And, that everything, “probably,” will be okay.


[Sigh]


I should’ve never told him I was a lawyer.





© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved

23 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

I am sorry to hear about that file getting stuck in your teeth butit sounds to me like Dr.CMED was flirting with you. So maybe some good came out of this.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Karla:
Yeah, after I read what I wrote, I slightly thought that. But, I don't think it's possible. I don't know why it's not possible, but I'm convinced that it's not. It's this rationalization thing I do with guys. Don't ask me about it- it doesn't make sense even to me.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

He was flirting.

1:37 PM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

As someone who knows Reese let me say that the guy could have asked to go out for lunch and she would think he was just hungry. She is totally blind to this sort of thing. Sounds like flirting to me.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

OMG, are you..."THE" Lisa? The other half in the dysfunctional relationship?

4:44 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Desiree: Yea, that's THE "Lisa." Don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's talking about. ;p

6:03 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Reese,
Is this a hoax? Does Lisa really exist? Is her existance only in the lost world of profile-less blogger world?? Whats going on with this Lisa?
;)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Sorry about that Reese, my computer was going psychotic

7:07 PM  
Blogger The Mon With The Plon, loike said...

I'm just surprised "She jinxed me, m'lud" can be used in court as a legal defense!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Desiree:

LOL! Lisa is real. She has another profile under her real name. But, I'm not sure if she wants people to know about that one. You'll have to ask her.

7:52 AM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

Yes I am real. I have changed my post name to lisa because I don't want people knowing my real name on this blog. The job part is real (though Reese takes HUGE license. I am not NEARLY as crazy as she makes me seem) and God knows who reads this thing.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I dunnnoooo...I think Lisa is a figment of Reeses wonderful imagination.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

LOL! Desiree I swear, I'm not insane. I wouldn't post as myself and someone else. "Lisa" is a real person. One of my best friends.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Ok Reese. I believe you. Really I do! So are YOU going to update us on her and Mike, or is she? Or are you going to do it posing as her?

1:37 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Desiree:

I swear, what the hell am I going to do with you? I just don't know. ;p

If all goes well with Dr. CMED (who according to you guys was flirting with me while he was engaging in medical malpractice) on Thursday, I promise, PROMISE, I will write the next installment of Welcome to a Dysfunctional Relationship this weekend.

Whew! Thanx for the push out of my procrastination.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Awesome! Cant wait to read the next installment about Reese-I mean Lis-a.

Good luck on your date, Oops! There I go again, I mean...appointment ;)

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home