Monday, May 29, 2006

Celebrity Sighting #3: DMX

Tara: “Ohhh! Are we going to see any celebrities on South Beach this weekend?”

Reese [jaded by the entire South Beach experience as South Beach is the most pretentious place on Earth]:

“Why are you sweating seeing celebrities? It’s not like there aren’t any celebrities in DC. Beyonce, Amerie, P. Diddy, and Camron all make the rounds at Fantasy. So, what’s the deal? Miami isn’t such a biggie.”


Tara: “Oh my god, but this is Miami!”

Reese: “And?”

Tara: “IT’S MIAMI!!!”

Reese [rolls eyes]: “Okay…”

Tara: “I just wish we could see some celebrities. I mean we’ve been here all weekend and not even one celebrity…”

Reese: “Uhhh, Tara…”

Tara: “It’s so disappointing to come all the way down here from Maryland…”

Reese: “Uhhh, Tara…”

Tara: “…and not see one single celebrity!”

Reese [interrupts]: “Tara, DMX is sitting on his donor-cycle right in front of us.”

Tara: “WHAT?!?! WHERE?!?! WHERE?!?!”

Reese: “Calm down and look 2 feet in front of you.”

Tara: “OH MY GOD!!!! DMX!!! DMX!!! OH MY GOD, WHERE’S MY CAMERA?!?! OH MY GOD!!!!!”

DMX: [silent and looking at Tara like she’s a fool]

Reese [to DMX]: “Hey.”

DMX: “Hey.”

Tara [furiously searching in her purse]: “OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!! I GOTTA TAKE A PICTURE!!!! WHERE’S MY CAMERA?!?!”

DMX [to his entourage a.k.a the Ruff Ryders]: “Yo, yo, you, why ya’ll stopping?!? Let’s go!”

Tara: “OH MY GOD!!! WHERE’S MY CAMERA?!?! WHERE’S MY CAMERA?!?!”

Reese: [looking at Tara with slight amusement]

Tara: “I GOT IT!!! I FINALLY GOT THE PICTURE!!!”

DMX: [rides off into the precious sunset]

Tara: “OH MY GOD!!! WE JUST SAW DMX!!! WE JUST SAW DMX!!!”

Reese: “Yeah.”

Tara: “OH MY GOD!!! HOW CAN YOU BE SO COOL ABOUT THIS?!?!”

Reese: “Well, it is my third celebrity sighting since I’ve been here.”

Tara: “Wow…you’ve seen three celebrities since you moved to Miami?”

Reese: “Well...technically 2 celebrities, but I saw the other one via a friend. So, that makes three.”

Tara: “Wow. You’re like some sort of socialite, insider or something.”

Reese: “Not quite. I’m just really cool.”

Tara: “Oh my god, you totally are!”

Reese: “Yeah. I know.”




© Copyright 2006. All Rights Reserved.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jomama said...

lmao. You are so cool, Reese. So who were the first two celebrities? I don't recall you mentioning any others besides $0.50.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I have a rule for celebrity sightings either treat them like someone your being randomly polite too or ignore them. No swarming, no heart palpitations. I will say I do come from a city where people tend to pick fights with celebrities...I'm against that though.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Jomama: Well, including DMX, I've "seen" three celebrities. I've only written about 50 and DMX. I haven't written about the first one. Partly because I'm lazy and also because he wasn't nothing to brag about. Most people probably don't even know who he is, I don't think. I'll get around to celeb sighting #1 eventually. ;)


Amadeo: I agree!

Except the day I run into Orlando Bloom is the day I freak out and do the swarming, heart palpitations thing.

I can't help it. I still think Orlando is hot. ;)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I seen Nichole Ritchie at Coachella, and I wanted to feed her a big burger. She's tiny. She is pretty but looks like a little alien she's so skinny.

I've also met Sonny from General Hospital. Now THAT was a moment!!! Oh! and once I had my one and only chance w/ Shane West, but I didnt wanna approach him until after I glossed the lips, and when I turned around...he was gone. :(

2:19 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I saw Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake when I went to Vail this winter. She was nice he was not. Reese now i want to know who was the first celebrity.

Oh we all know that i will just about die if i meet Daddy Yankee or The Rock.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Wow DMX, and he made Tara act a fool up in there, up in there.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home