Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm Back!!

Eh, well sort of.


Wow, what a week! I think I have experienced every emotion that's possible this week. Apprehension, excitement, dread, sadness, hopefulness, and anger. I'm currently on an anger kick, but you'll have to go somewhere else to read about that.


So, I'm officially moving into my new digs tomorrow. Remember when I said I was only going to hang out with rich people from now on? Well, my proclamation has come true.


I'm moving into a very lush (read: LUSH) home, in a gated community, in a rich suburb of Miami. It's actually a roommate situation, but it's all good. I have my own MASTER bedroom, with 2 (read: TWO) walk in closets, and a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi (read: RICH PEOPLE BATH TUB). My room has its own separate entrance and the rent is all utilities, including cable (read: Reese's Boyfriend) included.


Yes, that's right. I got the hook-up!


Hooray, for Reese!!!


I'm living with rich people, ya'll! I'm moving on up! To the east side. In a deluxe apartment in the sky-high-high!


Okay, now I'm just being an idiot.


Anyways, I'm glad that I'm finally getting settled into my new digs. I haven't started my new job yet, although I'm hopeful that I will actually like my new co-workers. I spoke with one the other day. He was giving me advice on where to move...


Jack: "Basically, don't live in Miami unless you want to die."

Reese: "Don't live in Miami- death. Got it."

Jack: "Cool, so I'll see you Tuesday?"

Reese: "Tuesday it is."

Jack: "Great. Can't wait to take you down to our Happy Hour. That's the highlight of the work week!"

Reese: "Ya'll have a happy hour?"

Jack: "We're attorneys. We have to drink. In fact, it's required by the Florida state bar."

Reese: "Get out!"

Jack: "I kid you not."

Reese: "Wow."

Jack: "Tuesday, get prepared to get wasted!"

Reese: "Alright!"



Okay, okay, it didn't actually happen like that. But, they do have a Happy Hour, and I'm sure that someone isn't going to be able to drive back home.


And, no, that someone isn't me. As luck would have it, I always end up being the sober one.


So, anyways, just an FYI on how things are going. I hope you guys are doing well. Or at least not as bad as those poor people down in the battlefield of Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi. Go donate some money and some prayers. Then, express some outrage to your elected officials. Believe me, those people need all the help from us they can get.


Peace!

7 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

So happy for you Reese! I hope you open up your rich digs to some blogger chicks that wanna visit Miami someday, someday.

:P

5:56 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

I hope this works out for you. I am not big on the roommate thing though because I've seen too many situations when this turns out bad. With my luck I'll move in with someone and end up on Judge Joe Brown being sued or suing. I tell you, know the person very well or else it's trouble. Good luck and enjoy your new place!

12:37 AM  
Blogger KOM said...

As Dez said, I'm so happy for you. Good luck. Oh, and can I keep some things in your second walk-in closet?

2:17 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Thanx, everyone. I plan on using my separate entrance a lot in order to start the mood of "ultra-private" right away. ;)

Oh, and Kom, I'm sorry, but I have plans for that second walk-in closet. Plans that involve the spending of vasts amounts of money for new clothes. No room at the inn, I'm afraid. ;)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

YAY REESE!!!! I am also happy for you andi agree with Dez you will have to open up that LUSH house we some of you sucia friends come down to visit.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Suezette said...

Way to go Reese! I'm visiting Miami on Tuesday! Being that you are just settling in, I'll not beg that we meet up for a cocktail on this trip, but next trip for sure! Have fun in your new fancy digs!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

i wanna visit.

i got wasted on friday night.....bad, bad, thing. i'm usually the sober one too....but we werent going out, so figured whatever.

WRONG.

college.....you hear stories, but *sigh*.

i'm going to miami to visit you....i'm just gonna have to.

we;ll bring jessica along....where torjan gear.....and shove it des's face. =P

hehe, ok, i'm done. =)

love you girly and i'm glad you made it to miami and have your rich-kid digs!!!

--acoustavvy sistah [i think i'm wrong with that, which makes me sad, but i cant think straight for anything.]

FIGHT ON

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home