Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Little Pick Me Up

Well, the last few days have been seriously depressing around blog land. I thought I’d post something to cheer us all up. It’s something that I wanted to post months ago, but I didn’t have the courage to do so while I was still working where I was working. But, now that I’m not there anymore, I hope you enjoy it. Maybe it will put a smile on your face.


Even if it is just for a few minutes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The following is a sequence of e-mails between a Duke fan and a Maryland fan. Always bitter rivals, the fans, and co-workers, have united for this one special occasion…


To get tickets to the 2005 ACC Men’s College Basketball Tournament.


The Tournament starts today....





From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:22 AM
To: Alice
Subject: do u think


Oh, my god! We have to get out of here! We’re missing the games!!! We have to go!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:24 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


You’re right, let’s do this!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:30 AM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


Cool! So what’s the plan?

-----------------------------------------------------------



From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:33 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


I am going to email Clara and tell her I don’t feel too good and I think I’m going to go home…take sick leave...

…but I don’t want Donna to tell her I actually went to get tickets. Do you think Donna will tell Clara something if I leave at 12:30 to head down there?

------------------------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:36 AM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


I don’t know Donna that well. She seems nice enough, but do you think she would do that? Maybe she’ll just keep quiet. It would be pretty 1st grade to go and tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:38 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


Yeah...

I don’t think she would say anything either.

So, are these tickets just for Maryland alumni? Or for everyone?


-----------------------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:40 AM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


The press release just said “fans” so I think it’s for anyone. If it’s for alumni, don’t worry. I’m an alumnus of Maryland. 

------------------------------------------------------------



From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:43 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


Ok!

I’m going to head down there around 12:30 and should get down there by 1:30.
I’ll just wait in line and see what happens.


Cool!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:45 AM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


Okay. Is there an ATM machine in this building? I can get cash to give to you for my tix if that’s okay?

This is so awesome!!!

-------------------------------------------------------



From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:47 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


Sure no problem!! I don’t think there is an ATM in the building, but I can drive you to one though if you want.


COOL!! COOL!!

--------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:50 AM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


WICKED!!!


LOL! I can’t believe I’m conspiring with a Dookie to get tix. I would call myself a traitor, but any Terp fan would understand the importance of this alliance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------



From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:52 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


No prob! It’s great to meet another person who LOVES watching basketball!!
Even though they’re a Twerp fan!

--------------------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:54 AM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


Twerp?


TWERP?!?


Now, it’s on!!!


Fear the turtle, Dookie!


FEAR THE TURTLE!!!


PS: I hope you now know that there is no way I’m rooting for Dook. Even if you are sitting next to me in Blue Devil Blue.

-------------------------------------------------



From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:57 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


Did you just cal me a Dookie?


Of course you went to Maryland. You Twerps are so crass.


Bring it on!!


You and your dumb mascot!!!


PS: I hope you now know that there is no way I’m rooting for the Twerps. Even if you are sitting next to me in Maryland Red.

-----------------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:59 AM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


Oh, I’ll bring it! I’ll bring my whole team AND our dumb mascot!


Wait…


Our mascot isn’t dumb!


YOU SUCK!!!

----------------------------------------------------------


From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:01 PM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


NO, YOU SUCK!!!

---------------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:04 PM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


I HATE YOU DOOKIES!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------



From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:06 PM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


I HATE YOU TWERPS!!!

-------------------------------------------------------



From: Reese
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:08 PM
To: Alice
Subject: RE: do u think


I feel much better now that the requisite amount of hate has been restored into our relationship.

You better get ready to go before Donna can start something!

--------------------------------------------------------

From: Alice
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:52 AM
To: Reese
Subject: RE: do u think


COOL! COOL!


ACC Tournament, here we come!!!





© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

LOL..that like always was hilarious Reese.

Hey what happened to the post about Kim?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I took the Sadness post down. I might put it back up, but I didn't like it sitting there in between two silly posts. It just seemed too heavy.

11:15 AM  
Blogger daahsar said...

lol that was cute... thanks for the laught.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I understand. Hey by the way you have been tagged.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home