Thursday, January 17, 2008

Does Money Buy Happiness?



I've posted this picture before, but I was just looking at it again and it made me really sad. This was my second grade class picture. Yes, the picture says "Grade 3," but actually it was a gifted class with second and third graders in the same class.

Anyways, the picture made me sad because the kids look sad. There are very few smiling kids. I wonder why that is. Now, I'm not all happy go lucky myself in this picture. But, that's because I was doing my "model" pose. I'm totally serious. I was trying to be cute on purpose.

This picture is particularly sad to me in comparison to the next class picture I have (on my computer anyways)....











Now, I know it's really hard to find me in this picture, but after you stop searching for me, take a look at all the kids. Everyone looks way happier in this picture then the other one. This was my 4th grade class picture when I attended the Calverton School. It was a private school with a whole bunch of rich brats (including the children of author Tom Clancy).

Compared with the other kids, these kids were wealthy and lived in big houses and had horses and crap. Do you think money really brings happiness? The Calverton kids had lots of money and seemed happy in their picture. The Carver kids were poor-to-working class and don't seem nearly as positive. The majority of the kids in the first picture had two parent homes, so it's not that they're not happy because mommy or daddy aren't home.


Hmmmm....



Okay, I'm just rambling. There's really no point to this post. I've looked at my second grade class pic multiple times through the years. But, this is the first time that I looked at it and it made me sad for some reason. Whatever, I don't know. I guess I'm just being weird today.


I think I'll go annoy Lisa to make me feel better. :)




© Copyright 2008. All Rights Reserved.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Amadeo said...

It don't buy happiness...but it sure does take away concerns that you only really think of when you don't have money.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Falone said...

You know, I had a really hard time looking for you in the second picture... it was seriously "Where is Waldo"... you wouldn't happen to be in the first row, would ya??

It don't buy happiness...but it sure does take away concerns that you only really think of when you don't have money.

Yeah... like food and books lol.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Amadeo: So money buys some degree of happiness? Or maybe, it just alleviates some stress?

Falone: Hehehe, funny thing is I'm kinda wearing a Waldo-esque outfit.

I'm in the second row from the bottom. The only row sittingo on chairs. ;)

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Juicy77 said...

awwww! So cute!

I would definitely say it doesn't buy happiness but alleviates some stress.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Don said...

lol @ hmmm

I don't think money buys happiness. I once enjoyed money and me and I became saddled with problems after problems simply from having money. I know, its crazy.

I'm grinning @ the top picture because those kids look like the Sun was getting the best of them.

8:28 PM  
Blogger CelinaStarr said...

Reese The Law Girl said...
“Now, I know it's really hard to find me in this picture, but after you stop searching for me, take a look at all the kids.”


LMAO, please stop! Lol!

No, money doesn’t buy happiness.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Okay, why am I just getting Falone's joke like a month and a half after I posted this? That is just so sad. I thought she was talking about the first picture (shut up! I see now she was talking about the second picture. I can read...kinda...).

Angela, thanks for stopping by! :D

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home