Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Songs of 2007

Can you believe it's the end of the year already?


Furthermore, it's time for my songs of the year. That's right, your definitive list of the Songs of 2007 is right here. Right here!! You need no other list! Rolling Stone? Spin? Who are these entities? They're nobodies!! NOBODIES!!!


Okay, okay, here's the run through...


As with previous years, all of the songs are not ranked, except for the coveted SONG OF THE YEAR (duh, duh, dun!!). Which song will take over for Ciara's "Get Up" from last year? Well, you're about to find out.





Are you excited?










I know you're excited!











What do you mean you're not excited?!? Do you know what I go through to put this list together?!? It literally takes an entire year! I mean, I literally hear a song, ponder it, and then add it to a draft post that just sits on blogger as a non-post for the entire year. Yes, I have that much dedication!




So, I ask you again...




Are you excited?











Okay, that's better...








Shoot...







I just realized that the song is playing in the background. That totally defeated the purpose of all this hype...









Gawd! I can't do anything right these days. Okay, okay....









Reese's Song of 2007...


















"Typical" by Mute Math






Edit: I shut off Auto-Play. It was getting annoying. lol!








Also check out the video for "Typical." It really has to be one of the best videos of the year. I mean, they actually had to learn how to play and sing their song backwards! Very impressive...









Taking over for K.T. Tunstall's "Eye to the Telescope" as CD of the Year this year is the self-titled CD by Mute Math. I know, it's the first time that a CD of the Year and Song of the Year were by the same artist. We're making history here!!



Okay, okay so the following are the best of the rest. You can go make an awesome playlist now and tell everyone that you owe it all to my genius.


Peace! :D


------------------------------------





"1234" Feist

"(Never Gonna) Steal My Joy" Mandisa

"Apologize" Timbaland

"Calabria" Enur f/t Natasja

"Chaos" Mute Math

"Duffle Bag Boy" Playaz Circle f/t Lil' Wayne

"Fine" Mary J. Blige

"Get it Shawty" Lollyd

"Get me Bodied" Beyonce

"Girlfriend (Remix)" Avril Lavigne & Lil Mama

"Icebox" Omarion

"It's not Over" Daughtry

"Kiss Kiss" Chris Brown

"Kitty Kat" Beyonce

"Like This" Kelly Rowland f/t Eve

"Lip Gloss" Lil Mama

"Make Me Wonder" Maroon 5

"Paralyzer" Finger Eleven

"Promise Ring" Tiffany Evans

"Rockstar" Nickleback

"Sensual Seduction" Snoop Dog

"Shut up and Drive" Rihanna

"So High" Grind Mode

"Stronger" Kanye West

"Tambourine" Eve

"The Way I Are" Timbaland

"This is Why I'm Hot" Mims

"Umbrella" Rihanna

"Whine Up" Kat DeLuna f/t Elephant Man

"You" Lollyd f/t Little Wayne

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

Hey there, I am definatly gonna take you up on that offer. I thought I had landed a job finally, but here I am still looking *tears* anyhow my email addy is

raymondrayray2005@gmail.com

11:31 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

ok this is sad.

I know like THREE songs from that list. Seriously. I know NONE of those beyonce songs, and I only know umbrella, and apologize. what the hell? wait, i only know TWO of those songs??!!!
WHERE HAVE I BEEN????


p.s. why isn't anything by Alicia Keys on this list? I really think you should revise this list and add "No One" because I love this song, and it reminds me of Benjo. :)
K bye.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Ray, I just sent you an e-mail. :)

Dez: Alicia got shut out this year for multiple reasons. One of which is that I'm mad at her because of something she said and I haven't gotten over it yet. That means she's off the list this year.

And, yeah I know I can't be mad at someone I don't know. But, that's just how I do.

And no, I don't want to talk about it. Alicia betrayed me and it hurts too much to think about it! ;p~~~

7:18 AM  
Blogger Ray said...

Hey there reese, I got your message and I appreciate it. I am going to get at you sometime in the next couple of weeks and probably bounce some of my ideas off of you. NE Who I wanted to wish you a very happy and safe new year and may God Bless You with your plans for 2008

12:10 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

Nice choices! Never heard of Mute Math, but I'll keep my ears open. And I'll admit, I do love that Chris Brown song.

12:47 PM  
Blogger derek said...

It looks like the same technique the Pharcyde used for Drop...except they are doing it with instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3qMdkucM0

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home