Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Best Song/Video Ever Created!!

The awesomely, awesome Michelle Collins of Best Week Ever posted the old 80’s music video (remember those?) for “The Rain” by Oran “Juice” Jones yesterday. The song is about a guy who catches his girlfriend cheating on him in the rain or something or other. Anyways, it doesn’t really matter what the song is about. What matters is the awesome video and the awesome lyrics that make this musical experience totally awesome! (yes, I am in full 80’s lingo mode)

As many of the BWE readers pointed out in the comments section, there’s so much greatness tied to this musical experience that you don’t even know where to start. Well, because I’m bored at work, and because I love “The Rain” so much, I decided to meticulously list, one by one, everything that makes this song and video truly outrageous! I encourage you to adopt any and all quotes as your new e-mail siggies!






Things that Make “The Rain” Gag Me with a Spoon, Delicious!


1. Pleather, rain slicked, coats

2. Oran “Juice” Jones = Poor Man’s Eddie Murphy Look-a-like

3. Uncoordinated butlers lip synching in front of a liquor store

4. “And him… And him…”

5. Dancing in the middle of the street, in the middle of nowhere in a silver, Miami Vice suit

6. Silver, Miami Vice suits

7. Stalker-like tendencies

8. Cheating women completely unaware that they’re being followed by their boyfriend even when their boyfriend is standing right next to them.

9. “And him… And him…”

10. Floating hands somehow breaking through the dimensional, space time-continuum.

11. “Close your mouth ‘cause you’re cold busted!”

12. “My first impulse was to run up on you-do a Rambo. I was about to jam you and flat bust both of you!”

13. “I didn’t want to mess up this thirty-seven hundred dollar lynx coat!”

14. Unbuttoning your cuffs in preparation of bitch slapping your girl…

15. ...and the unfulfilled pleasure of never getting to that point.

16. Instantly turning your ex into a 13 year old runaway/prostitute/crackhead

17. “I gave you things you couldn’t even pronounce!”

18. Blue, bubble letter, alphabet wall paper

19. “You gotta get on outta here with that alley-cat-coat-wearing...

20. ...punch-bucket-shoe-wearing...

21. ...crumbcake I saw you with. Cause you dismissed!"

22. "That's right, silly rabbit, tricks are made for kids, don't you know that."

23. "You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This is my world."

24. "You're just a squirrel trying to get a nut! Now get on outta here. Scat!"

25. "Don't touch that coat!”

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

this was just a very big aid to my own boredom at work, haha, thank you!

i appreciate your meticulous dismantling of this fabulous song and video! =)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Usnavys Rivera said...

M'ija, I love that song. I will have to seduce Juan to it.

1:09 AM  
Blogger CubanDiva said...

I loved that song when I was in high school. Thanks for helping me to understand it fully. LOL!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Oh suuuuuure, I gotta check in on you while you have this posted. No, no I couldn't check in when you could get a good song stuck in my head...no, I gotta do it now.

Dammit.

Well take THIS Reese!

We don't have to take our clothes off.....to have a good time...woah oh....

Yeah. Have fun getting that outta yer head buddy!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home