Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sheena Easton: My Hero




I cannot describe to you the amount with which I loved Sheena Easton as a little girl.


I LOVED Sheena Easton!


I mean, everything about Sheena Easton was wonderful to me in the first decade of my life. Her songs were wonderful, her clothes were wonderful, her friends were wonderful (hello- Prince?), and her crazy stare into the camera was wonderful. Everything about Sheena Easton was awesome. And even though I would always get her confused with Sheila E., I always knew that when I grew up I was going to be just like Sheena Easton (and also Janet Jackson, Teena Marie, and Wonder Woman). I mean I literally remember watching the above video for “The Lover in Me” and thinking, “Oh my gawd! I can’t wait until I grow up and get to wear a black mini-dress like Sheena!”


Really, I was such a ho as a kid.


Still wouldn’t mind looking like Sheena today though.


I’m just saying…

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger KOM said...

Allright, time to come clean. You were watching the Best of Soul Train yesterday, weren't you?

11:43 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

No!

I was watching I Love the 80's.

Shows how much you know. ;p~~

11:21 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Hey Reese, Thanks for stopping by the old blog :)

I love the new pic, it makes me want to go swimming...lol

I Love the 80's is an amazing show.

7:24 PM  
Blogger CubanDiva said...

I was ALL about Sheena Easton when I was a teenager. I was facinated by her "relationship" with Prince. GOOOOO 80s!!! lol

11:34 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

When I rode the subway I used to sing "Morning Train" to myself.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Raymond said...

Hey sis,

Long time no see or chat, I like the new pic

9:32 AM  
Blogger The OE said...

Sheena put the moves on me once. This is when we first started to realize I had what it takes to be a hot secret agent.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Don said...

The lyrics to the song Sugar Walls were the ish. Sheena was a good look in Prince's You Got The Look video as well.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home