Thursday, December 21, 2006

Reese the Law Girl's Songs of 2006

Well, it's that time of the year again!


I know, I know! You've been waiting ALL YEAR for this!


As I have become the definitive expert on which songs are worthy of receiving the Reese Stamp of Approval, I now present to you my Songs of 2006.


As with previous years, all of the songs are not ranked, except for the coveted SONG OF THE YEAR (duh, duh, dun!!). Which song will take over for Amerie's "1 Thing" from last year? Well, you're about to find out.



Are you excited?




I bet you're excited!




I mean, as of this point, you have no idea which song I'm going to pick...



What?



What do you mean the video to the Song of the Year is playing in the background?



Oh, okay fine! I see how it is. Well, I'm still declaring the winner with all of the pomp and circumstance that comes with it.






Reese's Song of 2006...













"Get Up" by Ciara











Right now you're probably wondering why I picked Ciara. Well, basically 2006 was a weird year for music, I think. Unlike previous years, there was no one song that just blew me away; however, there were still a whole bunch of songs I really liked. Honestly, I was torn between Ciara, Beyonce, Nelly Furtado, and Lionel Richie. In the end I picked Ciara because she has the same name as my sister and because "Get Up" was the only song I could listen to multiple times this year without hurling due to excessive playback.


Taking over Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" as CD of the Year this year is K.T. Tunstall's "Eye to the Telescope." I really thought this CD was phenomenal. If you haven't heard of K.T. Tunstall, do yourself a favor, trust me, and buy her album. You will absolutely love it.


Didn't ask the little cousins for their input this year, so there will be no appearances by Pretty Ricky and Bobby Valentino. I'm sure you're quite broken up about that.



Hehehehe, anyways, here's the Rest of the Best!


PS: Stop dancing! You ain't Ciara. You know you're just embarassing yourself!

-------------------------


"Ain't No Other Man" Christina Aguilera

"Better Days" Goo Goo Dolls

"Control Myself" LL Cool J f/t Jennifer Lopez

"Dance, Dance" Fall Out Boy

"Fergilicious" Fergie

"Ghetto Story (Part 2)" Cham f/t Alicia Keys

"Here it Goes Again" OK Go

"I Call it Love" Lionel Richie

"I Write Sins Not Tragedies" Panic! At the Disco

"Kick Push" Lupe Fiasco

"Maneater" Nelly Furtado

"Need a Boss" Shareefa f/t Ludacris

"Promiscuous" Nelly Furtado

"Pullin' Me Back" Chingy f/t Tyrese

"Ramalama [bang bang]" Roisin Murphy

"Ring the Alarm" Beyonce

"S.O.S." Rhianna

"Say I" Christina Milian

"SexyBack" Justin Timberlake

"Show Me What You Got" Jay-Z

"Show Stopper" Danity Kane

"So Excited" Janet

"Suddenly I See" K.T. Tunstall

"Stupid Girls" Pink

"Upgrade U" Beyonce f/t Jay-Z

"Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

"We Be Burnin' (Legalize It)" Sean Paul

"We Run This" Missy Elliot

"Welcome to the Black Parade" My Chemical Romance

"What You Know" T.I.

"(When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me" Sean Paul f/t Keyshia Cole

"Why Wanna Do That" T.I.




© Copyright 2006. All Rights Reserved.

13 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

you "posted" this on my brother's birthday.

and i love all these songs.

though, i havent actually heard the ciara song all the way through. hmph.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I like a lot of those songs, but ya, I agree, there wasn't like ONE song that totally stood out.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

great list reese. I also liked a lot of the songs on here but not one of them stood out to me.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Brother Kojak said...

Your list sucks. All of those songs are gay except for Jay Z song. And I've heard KT, it was tolerable.


Given this list, now its ALL starting to make sense...I knew there was something about you that was different.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Ohhhh, yeah, I knew there was something I forgot in this post. The annual Song of the Year disclaimer:

If you don't like my list then you can suck it!

And then go make your own damn list. ;p~~~


Boooo, BK, Booooo!!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

more fancy feet on blog. =P

4:55 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Oh man - I am so out of touch. I don't know hardly any of those songs. So sad. I didn't even realize when I made the permanent switch to talk radio. What the F??

7:54 PM  
Blogger KOM said...

Fergilicious?

Oy!

(It's so much easier to piss on someone else's list than to make one's own!)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Um.....There aint no Gnarls Barkley on your list.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

And I quote, "Fergilicious? Oy!"

She pee'd her pants.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I am loving Christina and Panic at the Disco! The rest are all cool too... But then again I aint listneing to music much these days... Het Reese! What up?

6:59 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

OK - so kinda unrelated, I'm not really a Ciara fan, per se. But this song was definitely catchy. And, I like her better with dark hair..

Ummm, where's Crazy by Gnarls Barkley??? Like it or not, that was one of the best/most popular songs of 2006, lawgirl... what up with that?!

Happy Holidays Reese! Are you up here?

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

AHEM!

There aint no GNARLS BARKLEY ON YOUR LIST!!

Listen to The Last Time and tell me it's not good enough for your list.
I dares ya.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home