Monday, October 16, 2006

Slowin' Down

Hi, all!

Well, if you haven't noticed, I haven't posted anything new in over a week. That's because I'm not really up on blogging like I used to be. And, while I am not ending this blog, I am announcing that I will no longer be posting regularly anymore.

I basically started Something Different because I was bored. Although I enjoyed writing research papers and legal opinions and other material I'm sure you would find boring, I was never much of a creative writer. But, then I was bored and weirdly-employed so I decided to start writing some things that were stuck in my head. Thus, SD was born.

I've had this blog for almost two years now. And, I've written so much. I never realized I could pull off something like this for so long. And then to have people actually enjoy it was super awesome. So, you know, thanx for feeding my ego for so long, I do appreciate it. ;)

But, now I'm actually going to be fully committed to writing this book I have in my head. I'm not expecting anything big to happen after I write the book, but you know a $500,000 signing bonus, another $500,000 movie option rights, and Orlando Bloom as my date to the Oscars to celebrate my screenwriting nomination would be kind of nice.

Anyways, like I said, SD is NOT ending. It's just not going to be updated as much as it was in the past (so I strongly suggest subscribing to SD using the subscription service located on the sidebar). I will keep you informed on how the book is going. I've got two chapters so far, although I'm thinking of re-writing the first one.


Eh, what can I say? It's a labor of love.


Anyhoo, just keeping you up to date. Again, thanx for reading all of my crap for the last two years. It's been fun. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Lez said...

I shed a tear for the former frequency of Something Different. Alas...

11:39 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Ya, me too :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Juicy77 said...

I understand. :o)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Cheers!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

As long as you dont leave us I will be ok with it. I also shed a tear for the former frequency of Something Different.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

good for you!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

i fully understand....but it doesnt make me like it any more.

2:33 PM  
Blogger a.Kai said...

Just signing on - Im a law girl turned creative writer while still employes, so I understnad - blogging demolishes your time. But wish you the best on your creative efforts, i'll be checkin in.....
a.Kai

4:23 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Everyones favorite list is up. Check it out.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I've only read your crap for a year.
I understand,Blogging aint as much fun as it used to be.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Post damn you!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home