Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Office Bracket

[Egypt enters Reese’s office…]


Egypt [whining]: “Reeeessseeee…I need hellllppppp…”

Reese: “What? What is it?”

Egypt: “Ugh! Are you doing this office pool thing?”

Reese: “The bracket challenge? Yeah, of course I’m doing it. And, I’m going to win this year.”

Egypt: “Yeah, well everyone is doing it. So, I figured I would do it too. But, I don’t understand it.”

Reese: “What don’t you understand?”

Egypt: “All of it! What are these lines for? I doonnnn’tttt understaannnndddd!!!”

Reese: “Oh my gawd! Fine, I’ll help you!”

Egypt: “Thanx, Reese!”

Reese: “Okay, basically each pair of lines represents a match…”



[20 minutes later…]



Egypt: “Ohhhhhh!!!! I get it now!!”

Reese: “Really, it’s not that hard you know?”

Egypt: “Okay, let’s fill out our brackets together- alright?”

Reese: “Fine.”



[5 minutes later…]



Egypt: “Hmmm? Who are you picking for #3 Iowa vs. #14 Northwestern State?”

Reese: “Iowa.”

Egypt: “I think I’m going to pick Northwestern. That’s a good school.”

Reese: “That’s not Northwestern. It’s Northwestern State.”

Egypt: “Hmmm? Oh, well. I like Northwestern, so I’m going to pick Northwestern State to win.”

Reese [rolling her eyes]: “Whatever. It’s your 5 bucks.”



[10 minutes later…]



Egypt: “Reese, what does “LSU” stand for?”

Reese: “Are you serious?”

Egypt: “What? I don’t know. What does “LSU” stand for?”

Reese: “Louisiana State University.”

Egypt: “Ohhhh!!! Hmmm? I’m going to pick them to go to the finale four…”

Reese: “The Final Four.”

Egypt: “Whatever.”

Reese: “Oh my god…”

Egypt: “Who are you going to pick to go to the final four in that cluster?”

Reese: “You mean “region?”

Egypt: “Whatever.”

Reese: “Texas.”

Egypt: “Well, I’m picking LSU. L-S-U. I just like saying that. It sounds so classy. L-S-U. L-S-U…”

Reese: “Okay, I get it.”

Egypt: “L-S-U.”



[5 minutes later…]



Egypt: “So that’s it? Once we’re done we just turn our brackets in?”

Reese: “Yup.”

Egypt: “Who is your…ummm, what do you call it? Final Four. Yeah, Final Four.”

Reese: “Texas, UCLA, UConn, and Boston College.”

Egypt: “Oh…hehehehehe…”

Reese: “What?”

Egypt: “I picked better names than you.”

Reese: “What?”

Egypt: “I picked the classy named schools. L-S-U. U-C-L-A. U-N-C. And, U-F-L.”

Reese [rolling her eyes]: “Whatever.”

Egypt: “Well, may the best woman win.”

Reese [laughing sarcastically]: “Yeah. Good luck.”




[3 Weeks Later…]



Winner of the Office Bracket Challenge: Egypt


6th Place: Reese


Lesson Learned: Always pick the classy named teams.




© Copyright 2006. All Rights Reserved.

7 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

lol!

"classy names" is a better strategy than my......"i think i've heard of that school"

6th place is for winners named reese!

1:23 PM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

I hope you are not surprised. If you are please refer to your whole how to pick your bracket posts.

By the way I kicked but this year. I did n't come in dead last.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I chose with my heart. :( It's a sad, sad day.

Hi Reese!!! :)

4:07 PM  
Blogger derek said...

Lesson: Don't pick the Big 10 team.

Lesson: Duck Fuke.

Lesson: Reese and I have bad luck.

Three words for you Reese....Fear the Girtles (Lady Terps) :-)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Shelley Halima said...

Classy names, huh? I'll have to remember that. I'm not going to lie I was lost reading this. I would have no clue what team to pick so if I'm ever asked to participate I'll uh, go with the classy names.

By the way, I'm now at myspace.com/shelleyhalima

Hey, stop scowling. I seee youuuu.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Waitaminute......Ijsut noticed all the pandas!!!

Boooooo!
Down with Pandas!!!
BooooooO!
Damn furry, NOT bear, bamboo suckers!!
Boooooo, booo I say.

I hope next years tourney is better. The upsets were kinda cool, but man was it boring.

At least your lady Terps showed the fellas how it's done.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Caro: I love the way you think. "6th place is for winners named Reese." That made me smile. Thanx! :)

Dez: You did well in the bracket challenge at least. Hey, your team will be back for next year. That's why college b-ball is so great. There's always next year. :)

Derek: If I in any way passed on my bad luck to you, I wish to apologize to you. But, know that you are not alone. We shall have bad luck together. Lol!

Shelley: ~scowl~

Just one more b/c I'm still bitter that you packed up and left without letting a sister know. Boooo!!!!

PS: I shall visit you on myspace. :D


Jerk: Yea, the final four was snooze this year. Surprising because the rest of tourney was so much fun.

Oh and you can I will have to agree to disagree on pandas. Pandas are soooo cuuuutttteee. Sooooo cuttteeee. I love them. 'Cause they're soooo cuuutteee. ;)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home