Monday, November 07, 2005

Reese Update

Wanted: Vicky2


This sucks mightily.


I still don’t have my laptop.


That be-otch Wilma has delayed everything. Including the return of Vicky2. So, this means I can’t post all the stuff I’ve written lately. No Poor Working Girl, no Dysfunctional Relationship, no Tales from the Childhood, and no return of the Secret Disney Guidebook.


Dang.



Just Finished Reading…



So, anyways, I finished reading Wicked.

It was weird. The beginning to the middle was pretty good. Especially the Witch’s University years. But, then it got all weird and I didn’t really understand what was going on. Next thing I knew, Dorothy took her out. I’d love to discuss this book with someone. If you read Wicked, what did you think about it?

Also, I just finished reading the BEST, BEST, BEST book I’ve read in a long time. It’s called Better than I Know Myself by Virginia DeBerry and Donna Grant. Do yourself a favor and read this book immediately.

It’s a basic story, but with a surprise ending. It’s the story of 3 friends who are all from 3 very different walks of life. There’s Carmen- her father was murdered when she was 6, her mother abandoned her shortly thereafter, and she was raised by her abusive older brother. Regina- upper middle-class suburban girl who calls her parents the Black Ward and June Cleaver. And, Jewell- a former child star who is attempting to escape from her stage mother and a secret in her past.

The girls all meet in college at Bernard and the book spans their 20 year trials and tribulations as friends. Oh, and there’s one more secret you learn right from the beginning…


One of the friends doesn’t make it out alive.


Duh-duh-dun!!!


Anyways, this is a great story (someone, PLEASE make this a movie). You’ll laugh, you’ll rejoice, you’ll get angry, you’ll rejoice some more, and then you’ll cry like a little girl.


Check it out.


Anyways, back to work for me. I’m hoping I can get my laptop sometime this week so I can actually start doing more productive things on my blog besides just voting.


That’s whack.


Peace!


PS: Do NOT read the reviews for Better than I Know Myself on Amazon.com. The reviews are awesome, but they give a lot of the story away. Some big spoilers. Just go get the book and read it for yourself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

I am going to put both of those books on my Christmas list!

I read some of the other tales of Oz when I was a kid, and those were totally insane. I understand this story is different, but Oz is one freaky place! I usually have a vivid imagination, but I had a heard time even picturing half the stuff I was reading!

1:07 PM  
Blogger CubanDiva said...

Reese,
I am sorry about Vicky2. I feel your pain sista. I still don't have my laptop and I am missing it mightily(is that a word?). lol
I read Wicked and I just didn't get it. Are there Cliff notes available for it? lol I saw the other book in B&N and was reluctant to buy it but I guess i will now.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Mon said...

I'm thinking of seeing Wicked when I go to NY later this year!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

R: Hey, when you read Wicked, tell me what happened. I'm too confused.

Kim: Okay, you just gave me a future post. "The Origin of 'Sucks Mightily.'" This is something CC and I said throughout the 80's and much of the early 90's. Ahhh, the memories.

Mon: Okay, when you see the musical, tell us what happened so we can understand the book. :)

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home