Thursday, June 30, 2005

Observations from the Alanis Morissette JLP Acoustic Tour

Okay, so I was supposed to do this like 2 weeks ago, but I got bogged down in stuff...

Which is also why I haven't been around to update my blog this week. You know? Stuff...happened...

Alright, so this show was so awesome! The tour was in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill album (yes, it has been 10 years).

Now, I suppose the tour was technically acoustic in that there were no electric instruments. But, it wasn't just Alanis and a guitar or anything. She had a full band. And, she retooled the songs. Some of them sound the same. Some didn't. But, the acoustic versions are all very cool. Some of them I think are better than the originals.

Anyways, Jason Mraz opened for Alanis. He was quite awesome. I'm now a new fan of his. He was also much taller than I thought he was. Which, of course, made him more attractive to me. Quite attractive actually. Kinda hot really...


Okay, I'm getting off course.


So, Jason was awesome. And funny, too! He joked that he was actually a contest winner and that's the only reason he gets to open for Alanis. Also, he said winning the contest has made it easier to stalk Alanis. That was very funny, actually.

Anyways, the Queen of Angry came out after Jason. She did all of the songs from Jagged Little Pill, plus Uninvited from City of Angels Soundtrack, Unsent from Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie, Hands Clean from Under Rug Swept, and Eight Easy Steps from So-Called Chaos. It was an awesomely great show!

So, of course, I can't leave a show without meeting (or in Lenny Kravitz's case touching) the artist. So, CC and I went looking around the arena for where Alanis might come out so she can sign the junk we just purchased from her (t-shirts, programs, hoodies, etc.). We finally found a tour bus. We looked inside the bus and saw that the bus had a flat-screen TV covered in gold, so we knew that that was Alanis' bus. We knew this was the right place.

So, we hung out with about 50 other fans waiting to get autographs from Alanis. It was very interesting. Some of the fans were obviously stalkers. Completly unlike me and CC. But, some of them were pretty cool. And, funny too...

Random Fan #1: "Oh, my god! The door is opening!!"

Random Fan #2: "Who is it?!?!"

Random Fan #1: "It's...It's..."

Random Fan #3: "IT'S THAT GUY!!!"

All Fans: "OH MY GOD!!"

Reese: "Oh, this is so exciting!! Look, CC. It's that guy!!!!"

CC: "Who is he?"

Reese: "That guy!! Duh!!"

CC: "WHO IS HE?!?!"

That Guy [speaking with a British accent]: "I was that guy standing next to Alanis when she was on MTV Cribs."

Fans: "OH MY GOD!!! HE STOOD NEXT TO ALANIS!!!!"

Reese: "Wow. He stood next to Alanis. That's impressive."

CC: "NO, IT ISN'T!!!"

Reese: "YES, IT IS!!! YOU HAVEN'T STOOD NEXT TO ALANIS!!"

CC: "I'm about to knock Alanis upside her head if she doesn't come out soon. Where is she?!?!"

That Guy: "She's meditating."

Fans: "UGGGHHHH!!!"

CC: "SHE'S GONNA BE IN THERE FOREVER!!"

That Guy: "Okay, look you little American peons. Alanis isn't coming out for a while. But, if you want her to sign your stuff, give it to me and I'll get her to sign it."

Reese: "You think we should do it, CC?"

CC: "Yes, fool!!! I'm not staying out here a minute longer while Alanis finds her inner peace!!!"


So, we gave That Guy our programs and ticket stubs. About 15 minutes later, he came back with everything signed. So, I am now in possession of a JLP Acoustic Tour Program with Alanis' (and 3 of her band members) signature. Very cool.

In the end, I'm glad we did give our stuff to That Guy. As it turns out, Alanis did sneak out THE FRONT of the arena and went off to her next tour stop.

So, all in all I had a great time. The show was wicked (wow, I haven't said that in a while) and if it happens to stop by your city, you should definitely check it out.

The next artist I will be seeing is Teena Marie in the beginning of August. I'm so psyched for this show and my 4th row seats (WHOOO-HOOO!!!). I'll be sure to tell you guys all about it. :D



12 Comments:

Blogger tannia g. robles said...

i loved jagged little pill but that was the only album of her's that i actually really really liked. it was drenched in so many different kinds of emotions.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I loved "Jagged little Pill" and i am jelous that you got an autograph.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I loved JLP. But, the album I listen to the most over the past few years is Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. To me, that album is actually darker than JLP.

9:24 AM  
Blogger CubanDiva said...

I love her "remake" of Jagged Little Pill. I think it is much better than the original, although I loved the original too. Her original CD came out during my anger phase, so it was very appropriate. I saw her on Primetime live a few weeks ago, or was it 60 minutes, anywho, she talked about how much she has mellowed since then. I am glad that it was a good show!

10:52 AM  
Blogger KOM said...

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but it sounds like you may have gotten something autographed by the guy who stood next to Morisette.

I don't trust british guys in locked trailers.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Kom: I was curious about that too, but I saw a real Alanis signature on the internet (and it's printed in the program). It's the same one. ;)

Also, the British guy was her manager. :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger PSUMommy said...

Ah, Jagged Little Pill...those songs make memories of my freshman year in college rush back. Great, great album. Especially if some guy totally screwed you over and you're seriously pissed, so you take a road trip with your roommate to the local native american reservation to help her buy her dad cigarettes. Or maybe that was just me?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kaci said...

I loved JLP. That was our anthem cd when I was a teen. She just like, got me, like, ya know?! *snaps gum* Nah. My fav song on it actually is the hidden song. *would you forgive me love, if I danced in your shower. Would you forgive me love, if I laid in your bed.* I actually just burned that cd to replace my one that finally sputtered out after hours of soothing Kaci's soul through her slightly maniacal crooning of being perfect and getting gilted by good for nuthin men.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kaci said...

jilted. not gilted. that would be heaven to be gilted. all sparkly and such. Love the bling bling!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

that's AWEsome.

i love concerts, dont get me started on dmb's betrayl.

omg!! i've been so flippin attracted to jason mraz since he first came on the seen a few years ago! he's HOT!

though seeing as though i have officially resigned from the boy buisness and plan on joining the convent/orphanage that i spent a few days in while in the dominican, he's all yours. *sigh* treat him well!! [for more on my nunhood look to my comments on karla's latest photo entry]

NO WAY! my itunes is on random and of 3716 song on here, Jason Mraz JUST came on as i was about to press "login and publish"! that must mean he's yours and my nunhood has begun.
onward!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Shelley Halima said...

Alanis is my girl. Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie is now my fave AM CD. "One" speaks to that ugly side of myself at times.

Did you just call her amazing? Surely we both can't be amazing/ and give my hard earned status of FABULOUS FREAK OF NATURE.

I love that line.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

SHELLEY!!! That's my favorite line from that song too!!

I really love that CD! :D

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home