Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Happy Belated 6-Month Anniversary!!

Hey! I just realized that I've been doing this blog for a little over 6 months now. I'm very impressed with myself. I didn't think this would last longer than a month, let alone 6 months. My procrastination and laziness did not spell the end of this blog like I thought it would. Wow. I feel like I've grown as a person!

Anyways, I'm now taking votes for my end of the year awards. There are two awards: 2005 Song of the Year and 2005 Idiot of the Year. If you would like to submit nominees for consideration, please do so by commenting. Here are my front runners so far...

2005 Idiot of the Year (remember, the Idiot of the Year can only be 1 person and his/her idiocy cannot be equally contributed to the idiocy of others):

Jennifer Aniston

Who in their God-given right mind leaves Brad Pitt?!? WHO?!?! Not me...

A close second is District Attorney Tom Sneddon who tried the Micheal Jackson case.


2005 Song of the Year:

1 Thing by Amerie

Although, Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" is sneakin' up there. I don't know...


All right, I'm totally serious. Let me know if there are people/songs to add to the list. I'll consider all nominations for possible awards. ;)

Later days :D

16 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

why are we doing this so early? its only june???

Oh, but uh, song of the year,

"we belong together" DUH!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I'm just taking nominations. I'll take more at the end of the year. I figure the half-way point is a good time to start figuring out who the big winners might be. :)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Patrick Jason said...

>I'm just taking nominations...

In that case, I nominate myself for Idiot of the Year.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I don't know, Patrick. I mean, we're talking Kobe level idiocy here. I can't really think of anything that you've done that is that bad...

6:20 PM  
Blogger Patrick Jason said...

How about Nerd of the Year?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

There's too much competition for Nerd of the Year. It would end in a 5 way tie between you, me, J, Kom, and "Lisa."

I mean, we all just had a debate on who would win in a fight to the death- the Justice League or the X-Men.

Plus, we all have blogs. That, by default, makes us nerds.

How about the Best Latino/Asian/African Nerd Blogger Award? Then, I think you win hands down. ;)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Patrick Jason said...

Okay. At least I get something. Thanks.

Now, I must go write my acceptance speech...

8:34 PM  
Blogger Patrick Jason said...

Oh, and song of the year, I nominate Weezer's "Beverly Hills"

8:52 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I nominate Patrick for nerd of the year.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lez said...

historically i have always disagreed with your song of the year choices. (i don't know how i can be friends with someone who has such poor taste in music!!!!) 1 Thing??? WTF is she saying?? "gobble gobble gobble"???

10:05 AM  
Blogger KOM said...

Does the 'song of the year' have to be from this year?

Right now, I'm leaning toward Frist for idiot of the year, not the least of which for the Schiavo debacle.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

You know, Lez, EVERY YEAR you diss my song choice. ;p~~~ If you don't like it, then suggest something. /scowl/

;)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Kom: The Song of the Year, can be a song that came out in December of last year and, as such, didn't make last year's list. :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I'd SO school you guys in "Nerdness", it aint EVEN funny yo!

I'm older, I been a nerd longer.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Umm replacing Kobe is hard Reese but if we have too i think Jennifer Aniston wins the Idiot of the year for this year. I mean he is FREAKEN BRAD PITT!!!

I like "1 thing" as song of the year.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Thanx, Karla. :) And, if only we could repeat Kobe for idiot of the year. He sure will be a nominee for idiot of the decade though. ;)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home