Sunday, March 12, 2006

March Madness is Here: Play the Something Different Bracket Challenge

The SD Bracket Challenge is back!!!!



Whoooo-hooooo!!!!!



For those who don’t know- like you live outside of the U.S. or you live in the U.S., but you have never watched TV or talked to an American in your life, March Madness is the annual, month long event where we all find out which college basketball team is the best college basketball team in the land. It’s a huge! Wait…HUGE, event.

65 teams compete against each other in 33 games. If a team loses just once, they are tossed out of the tournament (one and done, as it’s called).

So, we start with 65 teams. After the first round, we have 32 teams. After the second round, we have 16 teams (called the Sweet 16). Then, we have 8 teams (called the Elite 8). Next we have 4 teams (called the Final Four). And, finally, we have the last 2 teams (which have been referred to as the Dynamic Duo (even if it does infringe on Batman’s ™)).

The teams are all organized in a bracket. Thus, with the Bracket Challenge, you try to guess which teams will win their respective games.

So, Something Different is sponsoring a Bracket Challenge again this year. If you’d like to play, follow the directions below (please play!! It’s so much more fun the more people you have). :)

NOTE: The NCCA Selection Committee will not decide which teams will be in the Tournament until Sunday @ 6pm. But, you can at least start the process of the Bracket Challenge by registering your team. Here’s how:



1) Go here and register your team.

2) After you've registered, click on "Find League" under the League Info tab at the top of the page.

3) The league name for this blog is SD League Challenge. To join, you have to have SD League Challenge’s password. The password is lawgirl.

Now, I know some of you are probably saying, “I can’t play. I don’t know anything about basketball. I don’t even know what basketball is.” But, that’s okay. And, I’ll tell you why…

In my next article.


For now, go register. And, later this week, read How to Fill Out Your Bracket and then pick your teams!


Yea!!!

March Madness is here!!

P.S.: If you’d like to pass this on to other people, you may. The more the merrier.

P.P.S.: If you win, I'll let you pick the next big post. You can choose either Welcome to a Dysfunctional Relationship, The Trials and Tribulations of the Poor Working Girl, Reese's Disney Guidebook, or Tales from the Childhood.


Good Luck!!!



© Copyright 2006. All Rights Reserved.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Hey where did all the baby pic's go?

6:35 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Baby pics were for a limited time only. I don't know why, but I'm just not comfortable keeping all of my childhood pictures online permanantly. I don't know why...guess I'm just weird that way. ;p~~~

10:15 PM  
Blogger naas said...

Ok sound like fun... let me see if I can do it and win!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

what the crap? I dont know how to do this stuff, I signed in, and got all YOUR info, I think???

12:29 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

That's weird!

I logged out, so try it now Dez.

Nevah, thanx for signing up! :D

1:06 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Ok, I got it now...of course, I was all biased and chose ucla for like, everything!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home