Thursday, December 08, 2005

Reese the Law Girl's Songs of 2005

With the Grammy's announcing their nominees for various awards that you care nothing about, I thought it was time to announce my Song of the Year (also something that you care nothing about).


As with previous years, all of the songs are not ranked, except for the coveted SONG OF THE YEAR (duh, duh, dun!!). Which song will take over for the Black Eyed Peas "Let's Get it Started" from last year? Well, you're about to find out.




This is the song that had Reese attempting old "Fly Girl" moves (like I could ever be J.Lo.).




This is the song that was superior to all other songs.




This is the Song of the Year.




Here it is.




The Song of the Year.




And that song is...





First, I just want to say that if you don't like my Song of the Year (*cough*Leslye*cough*) then tough pixie sticks!!! It's my Song of the Year. Get your own song on your own blog!!!




And, now the Song of the Year....




A drumroll would be good right now...




The Song of the Year is (yes, I know you hate me)...












1 Thing by Amerie







Watch Videos:





Whooo-Hooooo!!!!



Yea, for Amerie. Gotta love her.



Taking over Gwen Stefani's "Love. Angel. Music. Baby." as CD of the Year this year is "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson. I don't care if she was an American Idol. That CD is full of angry chick music and it's good! If you're an angry chick, you'll love it. And I am a somewhat angry chick, so it's my CD of the Year.



So, below are the runner-ups for Song of the Year. In an effort to be "hip" with the children, I consulted my teen cousins about what songs I should add to the list this year. After they laughed at my initial list, they told me which songs I should add. So, I gave in and placed a couple of their songs on the list. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out which ones those are. The important thing to remember is that Reese is still cool.



I'm still with it.



Yea...



Here's the Rest of the Best!

--------------------------------------


"Daughters" John Mayer

"Dontcha" Pussycat Dolls

"Don't Lie" Black Eyed Peas

"Feel Good Inc." Gorillaz

"Free Yourself" Fantasia

"Girlfight" Brooke Valentine

"Go" Common

"Gotta Go Gotta Leave" Vivian Green

"Gotta Make It" Trey Songz f/t Twista

"Helena" My Chemical Romance

"Hollaback Girl" Gwen Stefani

"Let Me Go" 3 Doors Down

"Like You" Bow Wow f/t Ciara

"Lonely No More" Rob Thomas

"Lose Control" Missy f/t Ciara and Fat Man Scoop

"Pon De Replay" Rihanna

"Mezmerized" Faith Evans

"Run it!" Chris Brown

"Since U Been Gone" Kelly Clarkson

"Shake" The Ying-Yang Twins f/t Pitt Bull

"Stickwitu" Pussycat Dolls

"Touch" Omarion

"We Belong Together" Mariah Carey

"When September Ends" Green Day

"Your Body" Pretty Ricky




© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

25 Comments:

Blogger "Lisa" said...

Am I old if I only recognize like six of the artists on that list.

Yeah Gorillaz by the way and a Common song too. Reese You are cool this year.

4:01 PM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

ACtually I only know 4 of those songs and I don't think I know the song of the year either

4:02 PM  
Blogger KOM said...

I'm with "Lisa". I've never even heard of Amerie. As a matter of fact, I don't know how to pronounce Amerie.

But I'm happy to take your word for it.

4:49 PM  
Blogger derek said...

It's definitely not A-MARY.

I know quite a few....but I am a pop culture junkie. Popular music isn't really doing it for me.

It's nice to see Common get nominated for a Grammy. I have all 6 of his albums.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

It's pronounced "A-Marie." Long "a" sound. ;)

Yes, I am sooo cool this year. I have a little something for everyone.

For all your cool needs, consult me. ;)

PS: I added the video to "1 Thing" so's all you uncool people can know what us cool people are talking about. ;)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I'm saying "Hi" to everybody on my blog list today!

Hi Reese!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Hi, J! :D

1:15 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

i love, love, love Kelly Clarkson's cd.

5:18 PM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

Derek You are my new favorite man. I too have all 6 of his CD's/ I was a common fan back in his can I borrow a dollar days. You have just made it on my list. I have a list in my head of all the cool people in the world. There are only 13 people on the list at any given time so you should feel honored.

7:55 PM  
Blogger derek said...

Thanks lisa :-)

My favorite Common song is Orange Pineapple Juice off of Resurrection.

I still want to call Common Common Sense. Damn that California jam band that got the name first!

It's so good that Common's nominated for a Grammy. I hope that Testify wins. It highlights Common's exemplary storytelling skills. I could see the story unfolding as he rhymed and Ye's beat was perfect.

If I wasn't already a Reese groupie... :-)

3:19 AM  
Blogger derek said...

Also...my nomination for the best hip-hop album almost no one talked about is....


The Minstrel Show by Little Brother

Here's more about them here.

If you like thoughtful, honest hip-hop that will also make you shake your ass and laugh once in a while, feel free to check this out...

3:24 AM  
Blogger Brother Kojak said...

Yea-ah! That's my shizzat! Except for the fact I don't know what she is saying in the mixed portion of the the song. Is she sayin' "I was , I was, I was" or what?

Your other selections...eh. to each her own.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Deshaun said...

Yeah I like that song "Testify", by Common! Never really listened to his music before, but I might give it a try now.


Whats up Reese!!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

LOL @ Derek's "Reese Groupie" comment. That was cute. ;)

BK: Yea, that song is tight! Gotta love the DC Go-Go in the background. Just makes you wanna dance.

Deshaun: What's up, man? Still pinning for an X-box 360? Watch the Amerie video- that'll take your mind off of it. ;)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Deshaun said...

Reese -- You know it!

I don't think Amerie can help me with this one, but i'll give it a shot!

10:05 PM  
Blogger derek said...

Amerie...XBox 360...

Give me Amerie over the Xbox 360. I can't stand Micro$oft.

(waits for the PSX 3)

10:53 PM  
Blogger ManNMotion said...

You mean the regular version or the remix with Jay Z that I tried to buy but isn't on the EP single CD? Yes, it's a great song...now if only she would stop wearing trashy lingerie (does not rhyme with Amerie) because it's ruining my image of her as the wholesome girl next door.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

A man who hates Microsoft? So cool... ;)

MNM: I love the version with Jay-Z, but sense you can't get it anywhere, I picked the original version of the song (I only posted the remix version with Eve for the video, because I think that's the best video for the song). Anyways, as Amerie said on her CD, she knows you think she's a good girl. But, maybe she ain't that good. ;)

PS: I love the dance moves in the video. That choreography was hot.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Alisa Lynn Valdes said...

Reese,

Been away from commenting on blogs for a while so I could finish up two books, but I'm back!

May I say: Your PHOTO LOOKS FANTASTIC!

Very photogenic woman, you.

With good taste in music.

Nice post.

11:54 PM  
Blogger derek said...

Thank you Alisa...

I have been TRYING to tell Reese that she is very photogenic (and she doesn't have an excessively large head)...

...but what do I know. :-)

3:01 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Wow.

Alisa is back. And, she remembers me!

I feel special. ;)

Thanx, La Queen Sucia (Is that right? You know I'm only 1 language capable ;) ). I think that's the best picture I have of myself. It shall remain on this blog for eternity. ;)


Derek: You know, between you and Alisa and your wonderful compliments my head is going to get even bigger. And then the whole world will suffer. And the world will say, "Why, WHY, did Derek and Alisa make Reese's head bigger?!?! Woe to the Earth and to the Sea because of Reese's enlarged noggin!"

I'm telling you it's going to be all your fault. ;)

8:16 AM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

Don't Worry Reese you will always have me to bust your head back down to managable size

9:38 PM  
Blogger Alisa Lynn Valdes said...

Of course I remember you, crazy woman!

You and your equally beautiful sister and mother.

Derek, don't know if you've seen her in person, but she is bee-ooo-tiful.

Sorry it's been so long, Reese, but I've been off writing three (count 'em, three!) books.

I'm taking a break and coming back to reality for a while. Er, as much as the Internet is reality...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

"Lisa": Yes, as the true friend that you are, I would expect nothing less.

Alisa: Internet reality? If I recall my public & private school education, that my friend, is an oxymoron. ;)

PS: Thanx for the "bee-ooo-tiful" compliment. :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger CubanDiva said...

Great list Reese!! I think I need to download all of those.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home