Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Tale of Two Sisters


CC: “Reese, give me some money.”

Reese: “What?”

CC: “I need some money.”

Reese: “Don’t you have a job?”

CC: “Yes, but my boss is a jerk, so now I need some money.”

Reese [sighing]: “What happened?”

CC: “Man, he’s so stupid! He told me to go do something, and I was like, “No, I don’t wanna do it.” And then, he was like “Well, you better do it.” And then, I was all, “Whatever, I ain’t doin’ it! Make someone else do it.”

Reese: “Uh-huh…”

CC: “And then, he was like, “I told you to do it!” And then I said, “I told you, I ain’t gonna do it. So get outta my face!”

Reese: “And then, he was like “You’re fired,” right, CC?”

CC: “Man, that fool is whack!”

Reese: “I can’t believe you got fired.”

CC: “Man, I didn’t get fired. Look at me! I’m short and cute. He just started laughing and said next time I have to do what he says.”

Reese: “You mean, you didn’t get fired?”

CC: “Nah, man, I didn’t get fired.”

Reese: “So, then why do you need money from me?”

CC: “Because you’re a lawyer, man! I know you got some money!”

Reese: “I work for the taxpayers, CC. And right now, the taxpayers are being really cheap.”

CC: “Yea, well, that sounds like a personal problem to me.”

Reese: [silence]

CC: “Gimmie some money!!!”

Reese: “I swear for god, I don’t know how you and I became sisters!”

CC: “I know. You must be adopted.”

Reese: “I must be adopted?!?!”

CC: “How am I gonna have a sister who’s a lawyer, but she ain’t never got any money?!?!”

Reese: “I didn’t know I went to law school to provide you with money, CC.”

CC: “You’re completely worthless to me!”

Reese: “I know.”

CC: “Worthless!!!”

Reese: “Well, I do try my best to be of no use.”

CC: “Well, you’re doing a good job!”

Reese: “Thank you.”

CC: “You’re welcome.”



[silence]



CC: “Reese, can I have some money now?”

Reese: “NO!!!!”





© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

7 Comments:

Blogger This Girl I Used to Know said...

Gotta love that family togetherness at holiday time!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

LOL, oh man i love this post reminds me of my sisters. hmmm i going to give them a call.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Deshaun said...

Great post! This hits home on so many levels...you'd be shocked! :-)

6:08 PM  
Blogger tannia g. robles said...

I love that conversation with the sis! Unfortunately for me, the roles are turned. I'm the youngest and I have that conversation with my older sister. Come on, I don't believe you didn't give her any money.

4:48 PM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

WHy do younger sisters think older sisters exist to support them. I wish they would give ME some money every now and then. Geez! Damn Bastards

5:19 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Man, Tannia, do you know how much money I spent on that girl this past week? I paid for her to go to the movies (twice!), and for movie food, AND to for HER $25.00 meal at an expensive italian restaraunt that she said I just "had to experience." What she conveniently forgot was that she did not have any money for said restaraunt.

Yea, she got enough money from me. She didn't need anymore.


Goldigger!

;)

8:37 AM  
Blogger tannia g. robles said...

See I knew there was more to that story. I knew you had given her something.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home