Monday, November 28, 2005

This Much is True

Sigh.


I’m still hanging my head in shame on this one.


Okay, so last night I was at home, talking on the phone with “Lisa.” I thought I was alone, and sense it was Sunday and I don’t do anything on Sunday including dressing myself to be presentable to the public, I was chilling in the kitchen packing my lunch for work and eating the last bit of Eddy’s fat free/no sugar added chocolate ice cream that’s been sitting in the freezer for the last two weeks.


So, I’m talking to “Lisa” about one of our favorite shows (One Tree Hill) when who should descend down the "Gone with Wind" staircase but the hottest boy in the state of Florida.


Okay, let me repeat. Dude, was hot. And not just cute, but hot.



Supermodel hot.



Tyson Beckford, hot!



And there I was, a big spoon of ice cream in my mouth wearing my Teena Marie concert t-shirt and my “way too big for me” pajama bottoms with the martini recipes written all over them. Hair pulled back, glasses on, barefoot, looking sloppy as hell.



Yes, I know, I know!! But, I thought I was alone in the house. I didn’t know the roommates had company over. The roommates weren’t even home!



Oh, it hurts to even think about it...



Reese [on the phone with Lisa]: “Yea, I think I missed that episode…”

Lisa: “Ooohh, girl it was good! See, Dan thought Lucas tried to kill him and…”



[Cue Tyson Beckford descending the stairs and Spandau Ballet’s “True” playing in Reese’s Head]


Tyson: “Hi.”

Reese [“Ahh-ha-ha-haa-haa…I know this much is true…”]: “Ummm…hi…”

Lisa: “…and then Dan slapped Peyton…”

Tyson: “I have Theo’s key. Could you give it back to him for me?”

Reese [“Ahh-ha-ha-haa-haa…I know this much is true…”]: “…sure…”

Lisa: “Hey, who are you talking too?”

Tyson: “I’m Theo’s cousin, Tyson, by the way. And you are?”

Reese [“This much is tru-hoo…this much is tru-hoo-hoo…”]: “Oh, I’m Reese.”

Lisa: “Hello?!?! Who are you talking too?!?!”

Tyson: “Well, hello Reese. And are you visiting here?”

Reese [“I know this much is true…”]: “Oh, no, I live here.”

Tyson: “Really?”

Reese [“…this much is tru-hoo…this much is tru-hoo-hoo…”]: “Oh, well, I was gone…for the break…the Thanksgiving break…I was out of town for the last few days…”

Tyson: “Oh, okay. Well, I was here for Theo’s rehearsal dinner, but now I’m off. Tell Theo I’ll see him next week on his big day.”

Reese [“I know, I know, I know, this much is true…”]: “Sure.”

Tyson: “It was nice meeting you, Reese.”

Reese [“I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE…”]: “…you too…”


As Tyson walked out of my life and my home, there was very little that needed to be explained to “Lisa”…



Reese: “Oh. My. God. Lisa, I have to tell you something…”

Lisa: “He was hot, wasn’t he?”

Reese: “Yes.”

Lisa: “And you look like [insert bad word] don’t you?”

Reese [crying]: “Yes!”

Lisa: “That’s actually really funny!!”

Reese: “Oh. My. God.”

Lisa: “Hahahahahaha!!! That’s really funny!!!”

Reese [still crying]

Lisa: “You really are the unluckiest girl in the world, huh?”

Reese: “I’m just…just…cursed.”



[“I know this much is true!”]





© Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.

17 Comments:

Blogger derek said...

wow....
but think about it this way. if he saw you in your chilling state and liked you, you may have a chance :).

12:16 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Eh?

I don't think so, Derek. I soo don't think so. ;p~~`

12:21 PM  
Blogger Lez said...

don't feel too bad. men that attractive are generally already ruined. ever met a really hot guy who was humble and sweet?? i didn't think so.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I like that, Leslye. He's a jerk so it doesn't even matter!

Okay, feeling a little better... ;)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Not only is he a jerk, he's also gay... remember?! Please refer to your own post on that one. :-)

2:10 PM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

Yes think postively. He is a gay jack ass who probably secretly beets women and has psycho stalker tendencies. Or he is a super nice sweet man who likes naruto and will be there opening night for the X-man movie. Now given the luck you have always had Reese which one of these do you think is more likely?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

i'm sitting here laughing at "lisa"'s comment. heh.

but i still love you reese.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Deshaun said...

Hey hey hey, ladies...C'mon! He's a jerk...he's gay? Because he looks good?! Now thats not nice at all! :-0

8:37 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Why is it that it is assumed that all good looking men are gay? How ya doing Reese! Would love to see you in the chillin state!

9:19 PM  
Blogger "Lisa" said...

we are not assumig he is gay. We are just telling reese he is gay to make her feel better. If you ask me he was probably her soulmate with that girls luck.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Okay, Deshaun and Mike, don't come here trying to using "logic" and asking "legitimate" questions. Don't you know that this is a "logic" & "legitimate" questions-free zone?

We all know that Tyson was a gay, jackass, child abuser, who dumps oil in coral reefs and hunts baby pandas.

Duh! ;)


Mike: Believe me, when I say this- you do not want to see me in my chilling state. In fact, no one needs to EVER see Reese in her chilling state.

It's scary...


"Lisa": Oh, thank you for all of your support! With friends like you, who needs mothers? ;p~~~~

8:32 AM  
Blogger derek said...

Come on Reese...

...breathe, breathe.

He might still like you...believe ! Here's a stat that might cheer you up.

Divorces:
Halle Berry: 2
Reese: 0

Halle Berry was second on Eric Benet's list (with first being the women that threw their panties on the stage)..and that was his wife.

Just trying ot cheer you up...

11:31 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

LOL @ "Lisa" comment. Reese you are not alone on this one stuff like that happens to me ALL the time. Ask Caro she will tell you. Oh by the way don't worrie about this dude, you should not let him distract you from your one true love ORLANDO BLOOM.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

I'd just like to point out that Derek and Karla are my two favorite people at the moment. Derek is my favorite because he knew that in a situation like this, the best way to cheer up Reese is to talk bad about Halle Berry. And Karla is my favorite for reminding me of the big picture- my neverending quest to get Orlando Bloom to fall in love with me.


It never ends, Orlando. It never ends...

;)

Thanx guys for bringing me back to reality. ;)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I'm with everyone else. Well, I mean,with the females. He musta' been a jerk, or gay.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I do want to see you chillin... Are you free on Friday?

9:38 PM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

Mike, you big flirt!

I get the impression that you've seen many women in their chillin' state.

I will not be one of the masses!! ;)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home