Friday, December 03, 2004

Reese the Law Girl's Songs of 2004

Okay, here's my annual list of the Songs of the Year. As with previous years, all of the songs are not ranked, except for the coveted SONG OF THE YEAR (duh, duh, dun!!). Which song will take over for R. Kelly's "Ignition Remix" from last year? Well, you're about to find out.

This year's SONG OF THE YEAR is...

[a hush comes over the crowd]

It was a close call as a late entrant almost stole it from the sure thing, but in the end, the winner is, the best SONG OF THE YEAR goes to, the person or persons who had Reese jamming for the whole Spring and Summer, she just couldn't get enough....

You know, it's really hard to come up with a Song of the Year. I mean, it's a painstaking process for me, because I love so much music.










THE WINNER IS:

"Let's Get it Started" by the Black Eyed Peas



Whoo! Alright! That's my SONG OF THE YEAR folks. If you don't agree, then place your comments below and tell me what your song of the year was.


As an added bonus, my CD OF THE YEAR goes to.....

"Love, Angel, Music, Baby" by Gwen Stefani. You should check it out. Especially if you like 80's pop.



The runner-ups for SONG OF THE YEAR are below. I encourage you to go to your peer to peer file sharing system and steal them illegally.

Just kidding, of course!! Wait until the RIAA stops suing people, and then steal them illegally. ;)

Again, kidding! PLEASE DON'T SUE ME RIAA! I BUY MY MUSIC!! REALLY, I DO!!

------------------------------------------

“Breathe” – Fabolous

“Celebrity” – Twista

“Drop it Like It’s Hot” – Snoop f/t Ferrell

"Golden" - Jill Scott

“Get Out” – JoJo

“Hey Mama” – Black Eyed Peas

“Jesus Walks” – Kanye West

“Let’s Go” – Trick Daddy f/t Lil’ Jon & Twista

“Lose My Breath” – Destiny’s Child

“Meant to Live” – Switchfoot

“Ocean Avenue” – Yellow Card

“Sunday Morning” – Maroon 5

“Take You Home” – Terror Squad

“The Reason” – Hoobastank

“Used to Love U” – John Legend

“What You Waiting For” – Gwen Stefani

(C) Copyright 2004. All Rights Reserved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lez said...

The inclusion of "artists" such as Fabolous, Trick Daddy, and Lil Jon (I feel dirty just typing those names) completely invalidates the legitimacy of a) your list and b) your position as a lover of music. And while I love hip-hop dancers turned MCs, and totally respect will.i.am for being the savvy businessman that he is (BEP songs sell so much merchandise), the Black Eyed Peas most certainly did not have the best song of the year. I will have to get back to you on the question of who actually does.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Reese The Law Girl said...

You know, Lez, every year I post my list and every year you diss my list. And then, the sheer audacity, to not ever post a counter list.

So, fine, Ms. Elitist. I dare you to actually come up with a list. I've proven that I can appreciate all kinds of music. Let's see if you can do the same. ;p~~~~~~

P.S.- You suck! ;p

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home